Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 mooore door chevy!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56boracho, Feb 18, 2011.

1. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

nice 56! lower it, chrome reverse, spider caps, keep the pinner whites. drive it and enjoy!

2. Gator

Gator

That's what I'd do...

3. swbatt

swbatt

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

X2's

5. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

just finished working on the 56 today got it running today and brakes done
    i dont have the skills to make it a 2 door. all i need is to get my radiator repaired it has a leak. but the body is very clean on it has no rust. i was wonderin if it would be better to change the fuel pump to a electrical fuel pump becouse it took me a while to get the fuel pump working and get gas to the carb.

6. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Don't let these guys who don't like TooMany Doored cars get to you, so what if it was Aunt Ethels or Grand Ma's car or something. The stigma is easing, go wild.

7. If your fuel pump is bad, just replace with a new/rebuilt mechanical...they pumped well enough to put millions of miles on these cars...you don't need an electric.

8. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

fuel pump is working its new it just took while before it pumped gas in the carb.

9. Dzus

Dzus

Mechanical pumps probably more reliable than an electric.

10. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  11. pecdaddy

pecdaddy

shine it and drive it as is.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good Idea!!
    Just remove the door handles also, and it will be plenty cool for a cruser !!

13. ARNIE

ARNIE

A: build a shorty B :squad car C: enjoy as is!

14. Dzus

Dzus

Yes, besides the gauge, have you checked the sending unit and the wiring to it? Open circuit is COLD. Shorting sending unit to ground is HOT.

15. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

no i havent checked the sending unit? and what should i check for?

16. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

For 2K you did get a good deal! I would get rid of the purple valve cover (?). Paint it silver or get a chrome one. I like the steering wheel, I would consider getting a metalflake one, and the floor shifter is cool. With the air cleaner, stering wheel, floor shifter, etc., you got the start of a 60's-early 70's cruiser, something a high school guy on a budget might drive. Get some chrome wheels, thin whitewalls, paint the roof white, leave most if not all the trim on, leave all the door handles on! Do not take off the rear door handles and leave the front on, be proud that it's a 4-door...and drive it and have fun with it!

17. historynw

historynw

18. Dzus

Dzus

Is your gauge sitting on COLD? Find the temp sending unit on your engine. Is there a wire on it? With the ignition switch ON, have someone watch the gauge while you take the wire off the sending unit and touch it to engine ground. The gauge should swing to HOT. If it does, that means everything is working except the sending unit. If it doesn't, then you have to work backwards to figure out if its a break in the wiring, bad gauge, etc.

19. Abomb

Abomb

Paint the vavle cover to match, and when you find a striper to do your dash, have him do the valve cover and oil filter too...

I'd say you got a really good deal on the car, I'd go with chrome reverse wheels and narrow whites, or maybe some supremes with the narrow whites...clean the rest up and enjoy.

20. Abomb

Abomb

They'd look fine I guess...just keep in mind that finding 14" tires in a few more years may be pretty hard.

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like 210 trim and two tone like this on a 56, reguardless of the number of doors.;)

Attached Files:

22. Uumm, Cragars and drive it.

23. It's actually Einstein....:)

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I would agree with that also.

25. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

where can find chrome reverse wheels for a good price

26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I'm really not a fan of 4-doors, but there was a '56 4-door for sale locally a few years ago that I couldn't stop thinking about. I kept trying to tell a friend to buy it. It was 2-tone brown & white, lowered, and had stock style wheels & hubcaps and pinner whitewalls. I don't know why it looked so good. Maybe the whole less is more thing.

Then again, when done tastefully, a mild custom doesn't look bad either...

[​IMG]

27. Shave the door handles!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats, the car looks nice and solid!
    I´d lower it with 4" blocks in the rear, dropped spindles and / or cut coils in front. I´d paint stock steelies the color of the body with maybe the outer rim horn fading into the color of the roof if you decide to go the 2-tone route, + spider caps. Remove skripts, Hood Vs,in case you have them, emblems and door handles if you like. Paint it and call it a day.
    Loose you mufflers, get some hop up parts for that trusty 235 and go cruising and relaxing on road trips.
    That´s what I´d do.

29. uglydog56

uglydog56

Lower it, reversed chromies with whitewalls, split manifold on the 6 with porter mufflers, then drive it. You've got a good thing going here.

30. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

also where can i get shocks for it to fit so after i lowered it