Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Remember why I hate car shows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you guys truely want to go to a car event without all the bullshit, go to speedweek. From what Ive seen, only most hardcore, dedicated gearheads show up and everyone is in a good mood and theres no political bullshit. After going to the salt Ill never have a good time at a local show.

2. 6inarow

6inarow

Maybe the dentists you know, but not some of the ones I know.....

3. About 3 years ago i drove past a car show with mostly chevy's, camaro, chevelles and such . So i turn around and go back to have a look and the guy at the parking lot said take your 37 into the show. Did i get the dirty looks ,only hot rod there. At the end of the day this guy runs up to me and says don't leave you got a trophy for best flames. So i waited at awards while all the trophys were given out, nobody said any thing about best flames award and there is one trophy left and every body leaves the area. So i said to the club member is that my trophy and he says i guess so take it. So stupid me i grab it and walked away without saying a word.

4. Lild

Lild

People sure have changed over the years. When I used to show I can remember one or two assholes now and then but they werent complete dicks about other peoples rides. There were guys that bought their cars but they didnt think they were any better than the rest of us. Sucks when things get so segregated that you have cliches.

5. Probably meant you got flamed...be proud.

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I went to a rodeo once. didn't like it. too much dirt. too many horses and bulls. I didn't go back. guess I should go to the rodeo site and bitch about it.

8. hemi

hemi

You just be glad those "turds" are writing checks for hot rods, and not lobbying against your ass...

9. BIG APE

BIG APE

Have heard these arguments for years. Remember each person's car is a blank canvas and he is the painter. He paints what he thinks he likes or what he thinks someone else would like, but we are all different and therefore like different things. The one thing that we have in common is a bond in enjoying cars. Car events would not be as much fun if only one type of car showed up. Enjoy the cars you like at a show and don't waste your time on the ones you don't like. Talk to people because you may find out that you like the person even though you don't like his car. I'm as guilty as other people about judging cars and people but the bottom line is our interest in cars that keeps us coming back. The most fun you can have after building or buying one is DRIVING IT. Thanks for allowing my rant. BIG APE

10. madhman

madhman

I'm broke so I can only rent cool....

11. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

I love going to car shows. It gets me outta the house for a bit and the people watching can be better than the show itself! What I CANT stand are the asses that save parking spots with their fold out chairs for their buddies well after the show has started. You snooze you lose right? And when they do show up, it's usually a stock PT Cruiser, or 1990 Z28 with some pinstriping on the rear end. They just think they are the shit. I think this season, some chairs are gonna get tossed!

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahaha ...Fuckin Perfect!

13. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

In the eyes of most here, my car is a complete piece of shit.

T bucket frame, MII front, GM column, lots of China parts from Speedway.

My day will come when I get to hear the snide remarks. But I bought a pile of parts with no idea what I was doing and slung quite a bit of money into the hotrod economy. Its what I ended up with.

But so far, everywhere I have driven it, I get kudos. From bikers to gangbangers, everybody likes it. And it drives like a damn Go Kart.

Man I dread going to a car show, but I will be there, at least once.

14. BRAVO!!!!! Well said!!!!

15. pony96

pony96
    from tn

16. 392

its not traditional ? read the latest hot rod that should shed some light, remember where this all started, old hot rods that are called something else

Attached Files:

17. [QUOTE yeah i went to one last week and the BEST ORIGINAL was a 57 chevy with a digital dash and spoke wheels. i said 57 didnt have digital dashs and spoke wheels, he said " i bought it from a guy who said that was all original, so i am sure thats how it was" i couldnt believe it. then BEST CUSTOM was a stock 55 chevy 2 door post with a 350 in it. a completely stock car with a different motor, talk about crazy modifications.[/QUOTE]

You gotta be shitting me?

Rat

18. The problem is I think really they should be called "unapalegics" ... meaning only one appendage paralized - namely, the one above their shoulders.

19. Yeah I dont get it either - we Aussies don't have that shit down here.

I mean, what is the purpose of having dolls laning on your car? Who started this fad and more to the point why?

Whats it got to do with cars?

Anyone care to explain it to an ignorant Aussie?

Rat

20. Sincerely,
    Teddy Roosevelt
    ;)

21. Man---I don't understand the doll thing either. I haven't been to a show in a long time, so the doll thing sounds really weird.

The goldchainer thing lost me for a moment too. I thought we were tralking about old school rap type dudes wearing the big-ass gold chains (embarrassingly, I'm being serious)

I do like the Zombie threads though. Why not dig up an oldie to post to if it has the topic you're looking to comment on, instead of starting a brand new thread about the same thing? Is there some kind of rule against it?

22. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

its because some have no talent or ability but want to look and sound like they do and are jelous of those who do have the talent;)

23. You're comfortable with that one-size-fits-all generality?

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

I remember why I hate Threads about car shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.