Register now to get rid of these ads!

I know it's lame, but let's see.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Nov 1, 2010.

1. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing lame about vintage bobbleheads on the dash or package shelf of an old car.

2. Haven't had one on the dash for years, but this little guy was my co-pilot for years...\
    picture.jpg
    that was my first "hot rod" a 90 dakota convertible 4x4 with a built 318.. be nice folks I was 18

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. Didn't Coors have push buttons instead of pop-tops back in the day?

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i have a little holstein cow that rides on my dash :)....sorry I'm an ag kid ;) Also a mini cast farmall tractor on my rear view mirror.

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i know i'm a sappy chick....but thats GREAT!

6. bgaro

bgaro

i have been working on an ornament for my dash its a half melted babyhead, but it needs more chicken bones. it should keep the creeps away, or draw them closer not sure

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Rabbits feet are not lame. "Back in the day" they were extremely popular. I still have one.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

got a plastic lizard in my driver. it runs from one side to the other on fast turns.

9. Thanks, ol'chevy, I'll probably hang it in my 35 when I get it going. Oh and I got a bunny paw too.

10. Here's the mallard in my daily.

IMG_8273b.jpg

It is a fitting ornament because I have a Chocolate lab. His name is Chucky and the daily is a wagon, thus "The Chuck Wagon".

I get a kick out of asking kids if they can tell it is a retarded duck. Then watch their response when I tell them it quacks up.

11. Invicta

Invicta

I always keep a little Devil head pillow Kerry Hudsons wife gave me in my dash and as an amateur coin collector, I always keep the ashtray filled with that years coins.

12. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

When I bought my 60 there was a small pocket Bible on the dash. Various pages missing and the sun has beat it up pretty good.
    Truck ran great coming home and for a few weeks. Despite various issues the truck had. The carb had two bolts holding it down. The timing was way off.
    So I cleaned out the truck and drove the truck for a few weeks. Then took the Bible and stuffed it in the glovebox. That afternoon heading back from the beach...Oil pressure dropped. Not a drop of oil. I had just checked it the day before. SO I Rebuilt the engine. I Chased a over heating issue for months.
    Pulled the engine again. Sent it back to machine shop. They swear nothing was wrong. But some how exhaust gases were getting into the coolant. So the shop tested and returned the engine. I reinstalled the engine. This time before firing it up I placed the Bible back up on the dash.
    The engine fired first throw and has never ran hotter than 190 even sitting in traffic on a 100 degree day. Nothing changed but one thing. ;)

13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

14. this is bad ass! any story behind it? how where when etc...

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've had a pair of those NYC School door knobs for over 30 years now. Think they hit the flea markets after schools were torn down, my guess is that they date back to the 1920's.

16. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

i have a duck that rides over the passenger sun visor

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I've been planning on this one, made from a Shrek movie toy knight and 1/18 diecast car grille. It is about 4" tall. But I just got a very nice $2.00 Jenne Jiggler bobble at the GNRS that just might take it's place. Gary

Attached Files:

18. Kume

Kume

I got me a chocolate jesus

19. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

"I got cruiser with a bimbo on the dash,it kinda keeps my ass in line" Aerosmith/Pump:cool:

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Still need to find something to hang from my window crank, or one of my manual wiper knobs!
    [​IMG]

21. St. Christopher medal on the dash in my coupe. I know he's no longer a saint, but I need all the guidance I can get!

Mick

Attached Files:

22. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

mine is an alf .man i loved that show. are u still bored paul?

23. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

here's mine

Attached Files:

24. cadman89

cadman89

My wife was looking him Saints that got dropped na why.... Why would she even care ..but the reason he got dropped from sainthood is there was no proof he carried Jesus across the water on his sholder.... BUT they made him a Saint again.. so I gotta dig mine out... Woo Hoo..

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

26. Weasel

Weasel

I need to get me one of these for my dash - the hand waves too....

[​IMG]

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Loaded back in the canon.

28. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

hey, that flag looks upsidedown. i think that means something.

29. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

My coupe doesn't have a dash so to speak, but I do have an old Gutta Percha Tire pin- back stuck up on my header panel. They used a wire fox terrier in their logo and we lost ours a few years back, so he rides shot gun with me.

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I got a Jenna Jiggler figure for 2 bucks the GNRS last year. I don't have a photo... and I sure wish I had a commercial interest in this plug! Her top is also removable for R rated cruises. Gary

[​IMG]