Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 mooore door chevy!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56boracho, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

just went and picked this up today it has a 6 inline yea its a 4 door but i liked it just wanted to get some ideas on what i can do with it i was thinking of getting some pinstripe on it or scallops idk if that will look good on 56 also might go with a 2 one paint job on it dont know yet what i wanna do. anyone have some cool 4 doors chevys they have.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

primmer it black and paint the wheels red!

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Oh please no. The world does NOT need another flat black old four door sedan with red wheels.

Brian

Oh, and it's "primer", not "primmer".

4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

it was a joke Einstien...

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

leave it the way it is but make it scary fast in the quarter mile, and just a little nose high. know one will care that it's a 4 door, and it will be a blast ot drive.

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Hows about getting it stoping/running/driving,,, and safe before worrying about what color to paint the wheels and roof...

Tons and tons of pics of cool 56's already posted here on the HAMB. Search button is your friend :)

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hahaha. OK, ya got me!

Brian

8. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

cut it up and make a 2 door out of it.

9. Rideron66

Rideron66
    from Virginia

Woody, it's your ride get creative and enjoy. It looks clean and it would make a hell of a sleeper

10. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Well , you could always move the door pillars back , buy a set of sedan doors , and quarter sections....oh , wait...not another 2 door sedan Chevy shoebox....lol:D

11. Sauli

Sauli

For now, focus on the mechanicals only. Get it running, make it reliable. Get familiar with it.
    As far as exterior goes, I´d just leave that part alone. Looks good and clean the way it is, except the wheels could go in favor of something more suitable for the style and vintage of the car. Personally, I wouldn´t go for any of the most(too) popular scallop-and pinstripe -kinda thing at all. Two-tone maybe, something that would match Your upholstery -colors.

12. "Chevy shoebox"haha not that again!!
    Nice car, that '56 150 trim was really understated and looks classy on that car.

13. 'Bout the only logical thing to do with a four door is start a family.:D

14. sololobo

sololobo

The days of counting doors for a coolness factor is very minor. It looks like a slick lil Chevy, drive it and love it. Said it before will say it again, my friend Doug calls them "no waitin", makes sense. ~sololobo~

15. screwball

screwball

Crush it and buy a two door!!!. Now that I have that out of my system make it safe and enjoy it.

16. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Get it running and stopping good, put dual exhaust on it, some chrome reverse steelies and drive it happily forever...

17. Moondog13

Moondog13

I love those wheels! :D

18. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

I like the color it is, but two tones are nice. I love 4 door tri fives. Very nice. :) Congrats.

19. Squablow

Squablow

20. Hey now! I've got a 4-door Chevy wth flat black paint and red wheels! :eek:

Attached Files:

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I have pondered the 4 dr. tri five thing often, as the prices of good 2 dr.'s seem to be pretty high. I always figured if I found a nice 4 dr. I'd go buy a pair of 2 dr. doors and do the metal work to make a 2 dr. sedan out of it.
    As nice as some 4 drs. are, I just would rather have a 2dr tri 5.

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I like it! Love to have one just like it but in a wagon! But I've already got the family for it!

23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

A Model 150, 4 door sedan, and it's white; that's just about the perfect car as far as I'm concerned. I'm now on my TENTH 56 Chevrolet, and this one is a Sedan Delivery also; I have another 56 Sedan Delivery. Blackwalls and Cragar S/S wheels were meant for Tri Five Chevies. That's the only thing I'm going to say about it, just make it "your" car. Butch/56sedandelivery.

24. Rod & Custom February 2011 pg. 32 - 41!

25. Butch M

Butch M

cool car. love 56 chevys

26. Dzus

Dzus

Hey, my first car was a black and white 56 Belair 4 door with a 235 and a powerglide, so I've got a real soft spot for them. Being my first car, I tried all sorts of stuff. I even stripped, polished and cleared the valve cover, glove box and ashtray.

Paint and wheels make the ride, and few cars have seen a wider variety of combos than 55-57's. Just google image search and you could spend days looking. Chrome Reverses are hard to beat. That light solid color is a great base for pinstripes, scallops, flames, 2 tones, whatever. Break out a sketch pad and work out some ideas.

27. Looks pretty good already man! I'm with a few of the other guys, get it running, stopping first. If you wanted to go two tone you'd either have to only paint the roof, or buy some 210 trim...I personally think the 150 trim looks cool on it. Decide the era and style you want to go with the car. Wide whites with some cool caps, astro supremes with 1" whites.... chrome steelies......possibilities are endless!!! Have fun!

28. 6inarow

6inarow

here's mine

Attached Files:

29. 61 chevy

61 chevy

more is not always good,

30. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

In the old days, 4-doors may not have been cool. Most of them may have been every-day cars no one gave a shit about. But nowadays we should realize that those "old days" were a very special era in US history that is worth remembering but dead and NEVER COMING BACK. So those old 4-doors, in my opinion, are now cool and special by virtue of where they came from. They came from an era, the memory and importance of which is now being systematically squelched out and buried by those who want to erase what America used to be.

Today's everyday Camrys, Accords, and Tauruses (Tauri?) are not special or cool today. And they will not be special or cool tomorrow, because the era we are living in right now, unfortunately, is not special and will not be worth being nostalgic about in the future.