Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950-1953 Plymouth & Dodge Thread....lets see what you got.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Greasemachine

Greasemachine
    from San Diego

I loved my Business Coupe, I took it everywhere and had a lot of fun with, but it had to go to Europe for money. I was trying to replace it, but there was nothing cool out there for the right money, so I bought that 49 2 door sedan to play with, till my endless 41 Plymouth Hemi full Custom project is on the road.

Attached Files:

Soilworker likes this.
  2. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

just took delivery on this 1950 coupe 1950 plymouth.jpg

0104.jpg

0108.jpg

3. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Heat gun and a putty knife, might soften it up enough to scrape.....

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

This is a project that needs to be finished !!!:)

5. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

This 1949 Dodge Wafarer roadster came out of the shed on Thanksgiving weekend. It was purchased in 1963 and parked in 1965. It took 6 guys about 6 hours to get the car out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. The SofaKing

The SofaKing
    from Omaha NE

7. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

There is a Guy on e-bay that has patch panels. I got my floors from him. I think his store name is classicparts4you

8. raff23089

raff23089

Bit late in the game but here is my car. 50 Special Deluxe. Basically all stock. Threw a rod in August. Currently have it torn apart. Looking for a used flathead to get me mobile again. While it`s apart I`m going to rewire for 12 volts, started a disc swap for the front, 5 speed from an s-10 and a newer rear axle. Going with WWW radials, 15x7 cop wheels on back 15x5 on front, painted black with spider caps.

Attached Files:

9. 133

i've always liked the business coupes and thinking about buying one. i don't know much about these cars so are there any links with good information? pardon the dumb question, but is there an auto tranny that can be switched to the straight six motors? thanks

10. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

Here's what I did with mine... www.50plymouth.com

Pete

11. sinks88

sinks88

heres some....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Here's my '53 Suburban. I've owned it since 1976. It was someones daily driver and pretty much a beater when I bought it. It's all stock except for Langdon headers and will probably stay that way since I'm just getting too old to be doing anything creative with cars anymore.
    The color scheme is original colors, it was beige with a brown roof from the factory. I added the brown areas on the lower body because I thought it looked a lot better that way. The interior was originally green, I had it redone in brown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

One of my personal favorite cars here on the HAMB

14. Magnus_Jager

Magnus_Jager

How about some of my 54 coronet gray primer is from fall 03 when i got it garage pic was today. Finally on the reassemble

Attached Files:

15. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Hey I've been Following your build on That other site. I was wondering what happened to it. It looks great!

16. Magnus_Jager

Magnus_Jager

Bought a new house and took a couple years to get back where I didn't have to save everything. After getting it back a couple weeks ago finally got a day where the cold wouldn't freeze my hands and put the dash in and started putting things back on. The hope is to be driving it this summer.

17. Alshere59

Alshere59

Here is mine. 1950 Plymouth moredor. The engine I have in it now with a over drive.

Attached Files:

18. Magnus_Jager

Magnus_Jager

Another of mine in its least fine moments....

So I took an autobody class a couple years ago, and drove the 54 around the large parking lot. Took one lap, was nice, took another as i drive by my trailer the accelerator sticks to the floor, seconds to react, sitting on a milk crate, and you get this.

I did photoshop it to B&W for effect and a close up of where the 4X6 railing went into the open headlight hole and opened it up like a can of sardines.

Attached Files:

19. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

ouch!

20. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Here's my bone stock 51 Plodge. It's a Canadian Dodge Regent, so it is actually a Plymouth with Dodge front clip, trim and badgeing, from the cowl back it is all Plymouth.

Attached Files:

21. 50plymouths

50plymouths

Well I got a 50' special deluxe 4dr I got a lot of plan's or wishes I should say lol i got a color and design picked out on my head . I still ain't sure as far as motor's what to go with.

22. berickson

berickson

51 Cranbrook 2dr. we will see if the picture attached.

Attached Files:

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

IMHO, you can't go wrong with what Blueskies did with his. What do you have planned with yours?

As far as engines go, I keep hearing the Slant Six is a good fit, but I've seen at least two in the last month with 1950s-era Chevrolet sixes!

-Dave

24. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

A 53 ply cranbrook. Was a 4 dr turned in to a 2 dr. Choped 5.1/2" with a custom made carson top. Shaved all round decked nose. Lake pipe. Kustom made skirts. Bubbers cut and molded to the buddy. So much was done to this car to much to list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dont own it anymore but it was a kool lookin car.

25. I saw that car at a few shows up here, the guy actually had it for sale on craigslist for a few months....

26. I coulda sworn I posted on this thread.. says I didn't though. here is my free 50 coronet :D was told I could have it, just need to dig it out lol, it had a fkd up pass fender and frame horn, and was burried up to the window sills from a land slide. other than that it was in good shape.. now its all in pieces, need to get the 305 in my van so i can go and pick up the dakota front clip for it
    [​IMG]

27. 73RR

73RR

I would be happy to help you hook up a 904 TorqueFlite to any of the flat 6's or flat 8's. Just send a note if you need more info.

Gary

28. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

So has anyone done anything in the way of aftermarket gauges integrated into the stock dash? I have my dash out of the '51,and I'm just weighing my options at the moment...

29. greatlakesspeedshop1

greatlakesspeedshop1

just picked this one up the other day, what do you think ?

Attached Files:

30. moparkevin

moparkevin

Wow, that's my dream car.. nice score man.