Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for frame boxing plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrb46, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jrb46

jrb46
    from Blanco, TX

I have been looking for front frame boxing plates for my '46 Ford coupe. Most of the traditional frame/chassis/suspension companies that offer them don't make any for the '46. A google search indicates Progressive Automotive offers them for my car, but I can't get their web site to come up. Anyone know of a company that offers them? Or, anyone know if Progressive Automotive is still in business or is just having computer problems? PS, I tried making some myself, but my skills with a cutting torch are not up to the task and my aircraft snips are just not the tool for that thickness (3/16") of steel.
    Thanks for any leads on these plates.

2. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I've bought a bunch of stuff (incl boxing plates) from Progressive and I need some more. I hope he's still in business. Try 740.862.4696. Bob will help you out.

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Make your own. Grab a good variable speed scroll saw and a box of blades and get busy.
    I usually buy about 20' of 6" wide 1/8" plate and some poster board for patterns. It only takes about a day to cut them and get them tacked in.

4. x2 on the make it your self,after your're done you'll know how to do it!

5. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

I made my own from metal I bought at Patton's steel. Much cheaper too, to buy plain plate metal and make them yourself. I just used a metal cutting wheel on my 4" grinder...was a snap

6. merc49

merc49
    from illinois

just trace out what you want with a good sharp scribe and take it to a local welding shop and have tham plasma cut it,if you were around me id do it for you,shouldnt cost more than 20 bucks or maybe if the guy is in a good mood you could buy him lunch.

7. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

agreed trace what u need cut it and weld it in.

8. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Make me a drawing or a tracing and I'll cut them for a nominal charge.

CNC plasma FTW! :D

Shipping might be a killer though.