Register now to get rid of these ads!

What should I do ?!?!????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impossie, Feb 17, 2011.

1. impossie

impossie
    from kentucky

I have a 48 chevy stylemaster with a 3.5 inch chop that just screams 80's... the first picture is the car as it sits and the others are some ideas.... feel free to comment or/and photoshop your own ideas. (paint, wheel, tires...) lets see some creative hambers...

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Actually I think you're aproaching it from the wrong angle. I think the stance is great. Hot rod great. Paint it a nice single color. Black or any 40s Color. Replace the wheels with steels, and redo the interior in black leather and replace any billet stuff. Get Chevs of the forties catalogue.
    Ed

3. Don't take this the wrong way ... you did ask, and this is just my opinion. Repaint it a solid (non metallic) colour (I understand that the Chameleon (sp) paint was extremely expensive but it's not my thing). Lower it a tad in the back. Lose the "billet" wheels ... I'm thinking Salt Flat Americans or maybe the new aluminum flat-spoke Cragar wheels. Put the bumpers back on (chrome not painted) and maybe some side trim.

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Sell the wheels first. You might get away with painting half the car and incorporating some of the existing paint into a two tone. It needs a set of new chrome bumpers. And PLEASE DO NOT PUT skirts on it.:eek:

5. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Wheels first!

6. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Solid color for sure, something period correct- and then a set of steelies and wide whites.

7. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Wheels and paint in that order. It looks great other than those things. No skirts.

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    what they all said.

9. nummie

nummie

eee gads... that thing needs some steel wheels and some chrome bumpers first off. I'd even rattle can it something other than "ricer-flake" if you couldnt swing a full paint job.(i know i couldnt) Maybe the new wheels would help the stance a little, but I think it needs to loose the rake, lower the rear maybe 1.5 to 2". Just my $.02

10. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

Paint,lower it in the back,skirts,whitewalls and some nice caps.

[​IMG]

11. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

12. Gerrys

Gerrys

Wheels first. body a solid color. Try a heavy flake and some candy lace over the Chameleon to see how it looks.

13. Rid yourself of those wheels, Walmart frenched headlights, and paint. Put some bumpers on and you're good to go!

14. impossie

impossie
    from kentucky

these are all really good ideas... i cant stand neither the paint or the wheels! hah. im liking the "tail dragger" look... i might put some air bags on it, just so i can switch between the different stances. keep the comments coming. as of right now im going to put wide whites and some steels on it. and paint it a solid color.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Wide white Diamondbacks and steel wheels first with Oldsmobile hubcaps:D

16. Never2low

Never2low

I know everyone says no skirts, but I likey this ALOT! Caddy sombreros, skirts, tad lower in the rear. I'd have to see the red/white in person, thou.

17. A wheel and tire change will go a long way.then worry about the rest.billet,interior,paint etc....

My 2 cents

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Steelies with wide whites would make a world of diffence. Lower is a couple of inches all the way around and your good to go. Chop looks good. Please don't make it a taildragger...

19. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

x2 some nice caps just might transform the whole look.

20. This will be a slam-dunk, wheels/tires and then paint. Bumpers, maybe some grill work, and well skirts are pretty much a personal touch. Love em or hate em. Great start though. Really wanna piss everyone off, put a Ford engine in it ;):eek::mad::eek:;)

21. loose the wheels. pic #2 looks perfect

22. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Get rid of the billets and give a nice single color paint. A candy over silver base maybe? candy red over gold metallic.

23. impossie

impossie
    from kentucky

24. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Man with the skirts, it looks twice as long, I like that.

25. impossie

impossie
    from kentucky

does anyone know where i can get some skirts?

26. cederholm

cederholm

Do this!!! Or some version of it...