Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Chevrolet styleline deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by driveability, Feb 16, 2011.

1. driveability

driveability
    from everson WA

I'm new here, I drove up from Ca. to Washington some 1300 miles to help a friend assemble his Styleline a 52. This car was taken apart 5 years ago. We are working on the windshield wipers its been converted to electric, however its the linkages and the transmissions which are apart is our problem. We have the parts but not knowing if the new electric unit is in correctly, no directions as well we are in a world of hurt . The car is so so nice and will post some picks tonight. Can any one share any pictures or incite ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Google is your friend.

[​IMG]

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky
    from So.Cal

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

INCITE–verb (used with object), -cit·ed, -cit·ing. to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

the diagram above has nothing to do with a 52 Chevy.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a photo of a stock vacuum wiper motor. the part with the spring on it goes back and forth about 30 degrees up and down, your wiper arms attach to that. I swiped this picture from ebay, the motor is pictured upside-down. you should see some sort of bracket welded in the center up under the dash.

not sure about your electric conversion or what is involved with that, but this should get you going in the right direction.

I looked in the link for manuals posted above and all I saw was photos of a 53-54 unit which uses cables instead of flat metal bars to move the wipers. so 53-54 are different and won't be of any help.

[​IMG]

6. driveability

driveability
    from everson WA

I wouldn't do a project[​IMG] like this without a good reference manual, but my old bud doesn't work that way. Crazy as it sounds, I may just buy one for him (me really).

With the wiper transmissions I don't even know where the sprayers lay, on the outside or the inside.
    I don't know how the arms under the dash run, under the defrost vent tube or outside the units.
    How about which direction the transmission linkage points mid point of its sweep ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  7. driveability

driveability
    from everson WA

Thank You the pictures did the trick, we have them working. Much thanks to all. :)