Register now to get rid of these ads!

48-52 F1 projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotstepn, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Millhead

Millhead

Thanks. For the grill I'm in the process now, just trying to find the rest of the materials. I have a line on it and trying to make a deal. I've had lots of different idea's but this one has presented some difficulty but I think it will be worth it. I will post some shot of it when I'm done.

2. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Nice truck Millhead, Come to think of it,,,I like them all !!

3. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

[​IMG]Here's mine, i just traded for it,so it will be a project sort of. any body got an extra set of 51-2 grill teeth layin around ? Uploaded via IPhone app.

Attached Files:

4. the lights

the lights

heres my old gal.
    [​IMG]

5. RiKi5156

RiKi5156

I see this post was last month but maybe you guys can help. I am putting togethor an 83,000 mile all original 52 F1 with a 57 Caddy 365 hooked to the floor shift 3spd. I am looking for a 4 inch dropped axle if anyone has one. Thanks, Rich.

6. toolman1967

toolman1967

My sons 49 F1. Chassis is a narrowed 87 Buick Regal. Slowly coming together.

Attached Files:

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just bought this '51 the other day after the p.o. lost interest. It has a Cordoba front suspension and a 9" with discs in the back. Powertrain is a smogger 350 and turbo 350.
    Ordered a Rebel Wire kit for it today, and Dennis Carpenter and Macs are gonna love me. Not too keen on the sbc, might go with a 351 W instead. I had a '56 before, but always liked the looks of these.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. nice ^^ looks really solid.

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks, yeah it is. It was an Arizona truck originally and garage kept after it got here. The cab is in great shape, but the fenders need some work before painting. Gotta figure out colors, was thinking a nice fuchsia or mauve...okay no I'm not. :eek: :D

10. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Been working on mine, today replaced the motor mounts and am fitting a dodge pu radiator into mine. It will be back on the road soon I hope.

11. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Here's my '48 F1. Has a 350, Saginaw 4spd, 9" rear. Still needs front end and brake work. Need to lay a new bed in it. It has an old steel over wood currently. Have an entire front end w/hood that needs finishing up. May paint it one day. . .

[​IMG]

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Anybody have any tricks on mounting the radiator a couple inches forward? Found out today the radiator was moved forward but just sitting on the support, held in place by the hoses. Holy crapola!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. There are two sets of mounting holes on the F-1 frame and inner fenders, one set for the 6 cylinder, one for the shorter v-8. I used the 6 cyl. set to clear my 454.

The radiator support mounts to the frame with 2 ea. 3/8" carriage type bolts about 4 5/8" long with springs and castellated nuts. The springs allow a little movement.

Hope this helps.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it. How does your truck handle with the 454? My paperwork says this truck weighs only 2930 lbs, so I'm thinking that BBC oughta make it fun with the loud pedal hammered.

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man I really like that blue color! Who makes it? I'm doing a '51 F1 and that would look real good on my truck.

16. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Here's my old bomber, not to much planned for it other than making it safe to drive.

Attached Files:

17. beautiful, I like the stance, what did you do about the drops? and what do you need to do about the safety?

18. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Sorry to disapoint you but it is not blue. It is a 1960's Ford Australia Color from the Falcons called Green Velvet Metalic and it has more metalic in it than the original color. The other cream color is Merino.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like the colors so much I have used them as fleet colors.

19. ...here is a 49 a friend of mine just got on the road...

[​IMG]

20. Old Ray

Old Ray

............well kind of.........my '51 f1,

[​IMG]

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

[​IMG]

This is oldest boy's , original flathead and all...May be selling soon, baby coming !!

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh okay, it just looked blue in the pic, but I see the difference in your avatar and the other pic you posted. Shoot, thought I was onto something there.

23. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Why not play with a color mix yourself ?

24. allmost finished with my 48 f-1. kinda did it backwords. getting the motor and trans ready. 283 chevy, 90 over , thumper cam. gear drive, and a 5 speed. the wife and i want to drive it to speed week in 2012. hopefully meet up with other hambers passing thru ga. where we live

Attached Files:

25. Great looking truck Gasman^^^^^^^

26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Gasman01, nice truck. What 5 speed did you use ?

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Not a bad idea. Paint is a long ways away so I've got some time to read up on it. Thanks for the suggestion. By the way I dig the hell out of your truck.

28. strtlegal

strtlegal
    from Phoenix

Nice truck's guy's..I'm on the look at for one as we speak..Not as easy as I would have thought especially since Im not looking for anything complete...

Keep the pics coming!

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Most welcome after all mine is a variation of a factory color. look up some old color charts and see what you find. :)

Did you post an an introduction ? Did you read the rules ? Just looking out for you as others may not like you posting without an introduction.