Register now to get rid of these ads!

VLV in 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Mar 11, 2005.

1. ha,ha.. that was Rick. He and his buddy were all hell bent on starting a Rumblers chapter here in SLC, then something happened and now they are in my OLD club.. They must have been trying hard to impress you Nads. :)
    I read that when you posted it last year and I knew it was him. That is part of the problem right there people like that who get caught up in the whole Viva thing and get out of hand stupid drunk to where they think shit like that is cool.

Mike strong words from a guy who felt that people in the past who bash Vegas were fucking fucks.. We will miss you there as Jim would say "my friend".. Hope Ca. is swell.....say hi to your family from us...

2. Dr. Shocker

Dr. Shocker

Can't wait to tear it up this year again.......staying extra long wed-mon so will defenatly be sloshed by time the first rides start showing up.......
    If we do a HAMB meet can it be a lil later in the morn......early mornings in vegas are a killer

3. dehudso

dehudso

Is stuff going to be happening on sunday? Thats the only day I can make it.

4. Guy

Guy
    from Hawaii

Quick question...I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend of VLV. I'm not really into the whole Rockabilly thing (I love Johnny Cash and play the banjo, but I'm allergic to pomade, so...).

Anyway, I really want to check out the car show, but I don't want to pay for VLV admission ($180 for wife and I) since all I really want to do is check out the cars. I understand that it's free for participants, but what about us slobs off the street.

Thanks,
    Guy

5. Noname38

Noname38

You don't pay SQUAT SHIT.... even if you don't fork over the cash and get a bitchin wrist band.... You could be fuckin homeless and wander onto the parkin structure to lookie the cars and no one il say nothin... I listen to that rockabilly shit but when I go to viva I don't pay for a ticket just go for the carshow.... a lot of guys just go for the carshow.... and yes I'm too stingy to buy a ticket

6. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Wish I could go, you fuckers would laugh me out of there in my "Burb. To all that are going, fuck it up!!!

7. Gracie

Gracie

For those coming in on or before Thursday the 24th... my buddy Sweetpea's annual party is at Pink E's (the pool hall across the street from the Rio Hotel) is from 3pm til 8pm on Thursday. Free. Bands include Lonesome Dick, Lil Bit and the Customatics, Lance Lipinsky, Hopped Up, The Buzzards, Border Hoppin Boys, and Cash O'Riley and the Downright Daddies.

There is a lot out front to park your car, or you can just walk over.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Gracie do you by chance know Amy Ott? We're going to her wedding on Friday at Paris. I know she knows Sweetpea. I think I've met her once or twice myself actually.

One more week!

9. damn, you guys the weather is not looking too good that week, lets pray for lots of SUN.. I am sick of this snow/rain shit.. I need sun and a vacation. One week away and we will be driving down, I am already on vacation mode here at work..:)

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I bet snow can really fuck up a pompadour.

11. a lost cause

a lost cause
    from Alameda CA

huh? It snows there?

12. I wouldnt know I dont have a pompadour.

13. Gracie

Gracie

Sweetpea is a social butterfly! hahaha She knows EVERYBODY! :D

I may know Amy if I saw her... I've met tons of folks thru Miss Pea.

14. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

Sweetpea is a doll. For those who don't know. She is putting on the "Hooch and Smootch" At Pink E's on Thursday. The Seattle gang will be there in force.

15. Noname38

Noname38

Sweetpea fuckin rocks.....

16. so-cheap

so-cheap

Yeah I'll bet. Looks like rain for the trip up to Vegas from Phoenix. Should be fun in the Modified.... Yikes.

Anyone heard anymore on the weather?

17. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Weatherchannel says partly cloudy and 69 for Friday and Saturday. Sunday sunny-go figure.

You cant really count on the weather reports though, we had more rain in Southern California for the year than Seattle and no one for casted that!!

18. I have been looking on-line and its not looking good. I am on vacation so I want SUN and lots of it, not this partly cloudy shit or rain, makes for a rough ride for the roadster guys.. True you cant trust them, but its all we can do for now..

19. mikefink13

mikefink13
    from maryland

hope 4 the best and get ya ass out here.and have a good time. it will be my 1st

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I think it was the first or second VLV and it was super windy.
    I and the wife went to The Orleans for breakfast because it's way better than the crap you get at The Gold Coast.
    Anyway there was a car dealer across the street that had a huge blow up dinosaur on their lot to attract attention. This fucker was was blowing every which way to Sunday, my wife was wondering what would happen if it broke free and took off sailing across Las Vegas, she was saying that the multitudes of Japanese would go ballistic.......Go-Jira....Go-Jira, Buddha help us all.

21. tatts

tatts

heres some spam fo yall friday night at the doubledown my buddys band bare knukles is playing i think there is 4 bands that night and its free so if you go i might see ya if not see yall at the show rain or shine you only need beer for a good time

tatts

22. repoman

repoman

ATTN: bad eggs, bastards, bikers, black sheep, bootleggers, bullies, convicts, criminals, culprits, delinquents, drunkards, evildoers, felons, finks, heels, hoodlums, jailbirds, lowlife, outcasts, outlaws, pickpockets, racketeers, rapscallions, rat finks, ruffians, scalawags, scoundrels, sinners, sleazeballs, vagabonds, villains, wretches, and wrongdoers:
    All HAMBers are invited to party at Dino's Lounge on the strip.

1516 Las Vegas Blvd South.

The sign out front reads "THE LAST NEIGHBORHOOD BAR ON THE STRIP"

Across the street from 'OG's' - Olympic Gardens nudie bar. Past Stratosphere.

There is a big parking lot and the bar will be expecting you.

See Rider, the bartender, and tell 'em Erik from NJ sent you.

All bikers, goads, loads, and miscreants are welcome.

23. Wowcars

Wowcars

Bags are packed, we're flying in Wed afternoon. Look for the pack of five wearin ugly green coats.

24. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

You Guys better have just a little more fun, and take a ton more pictures for all the HAMBers that can't attend!

25. AHotRod

AHotRod

No Worries, ......

So is there anything going on Friday?

26. so-cheap

so-cheap

I'll be at the Double Down again this year. I think we will also hit Sweet Pea's party as well. Come up and say hi. I will be with a pink/red haired chick.

27. LUKESTER

LUKESTER

I'll be at the double down off and on all weekend,when I am not at the craps tables................... LUKESTER

28. Gracie

Gracie

There's the other Anti-Viva thingee going on too:

Friday
    Heebee Jeebees
    Mad Ramblers
    Pagan Dead
    Danny Dean
    Knuckle Draggers
    Formaldebrides
    Silver State Slackers
    The Rocketz
    Deadbillys
    Hexxers
    Skeeter Truck (love the name!)
    3 Swank Bastards
    Trash Diggers

Saturday
    Black Monday
    Zombillyz
    Stigma 13
    Three on the Tree
    Crash Cadillac
    Gamblers Mark
    Dan Edwards Trio
    Rockin Ryan and Real Goners
    Moonlight Cruisers
    The Henchmen
    Barnyard Ballers
    Calavera
    3 Bad Jacks (rock!)
    Hellbound Hayride
    Graveside Rockers
    Dulcie Younger w/ Boilermakers
    Barbara Burnette (sings a song about me called Hot Rod Grace!) hahaha

Friday $15
    Saturday $20
    ($5 off with VLV wristband)

here are the directions:

http://www.sincitystomp.com/location.html

29. Gracie - so whats the local weather stations saying so far for the week?

30. Gracie

Gracie

I haven't been watching the news to get the weather... too much Terry Schiavo stuff (breaks my heart) so I've kept the tv off.

Its supposed to rain today and snow in the mountains tonight... so it will prolly be cooler than usual...