Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help need Hamber relay in Wheatley, Ontario, Canada (near Detroit)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edwardlloyd, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Toner283

Toner283

I can lend a hand if one is still needed. I have a truck & trailer & I can store the cab at my house if needed until the shipper can make arrangements to get it. I cannot fit a whole vehicle indoors but there is room in my garage for a pickup cab to fit behind my Elcamino. If needed I can store the cab until spring - rent free for a fellow HAMBer.

I know you already have a few volunteers, I am just offering another option if the others don't work out. I won't go screwy on you, Denise or Scootermcrad will vouch for me.

2. I think we have this one under control . I'm less than 15 minutes from the seller and have a forklift and the space to store the cab til the shipper arrives.
    Edward has accepted my offer to help . Hopefully the rest goes smoothly.
    Jim

3. Good to hear (read) ... thanks beantoad.

4. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Wow- cool! It's a '51 Chevy 2 door sedan. I'm not on the road yet- but you'll be able to hear it when it's done.. It's been in pieces for about a year now while I fix stuff and get it all rebuilt. I'm near the lawn bowling club- or at The Arms (ha ha).

So- I think Richuk is steppin' up. Rich, let us know how/if we can help out. If it needs a relay up to pearson or Hamilton Harbour or Toronto I can help there too. Not really sure which way it's suppsoed to go to get to 'cross the pond.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  5. You got a good guy doing this for you Ed, beantoad is a great guy,you'll have no worries with him....Dave

6. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Yes I can see that. Really fell on my feet. Whole bunch of great guys rallied to my cause. The best thing is, he lives just down the road, actually knows the seller and has already spoken to him on the phone. Now I know my cab ($1800 of my money!) is safe and sound.

Wasn't just the HAMB at play here guys. A bunch of rat rodders over in Ontario came to my rescue too. This is the same power, the same solidarity which is overthrowing dictators elsewhere in the world right as we write. It's a powerful tool. Lets use it responsibly.

Ed

7. screwball

screwball

all us rat rod guys aint bad ratrodzofontario.freeforums.org .Actually there are no real rat rods on the site it kind of morrfed into a real car guy site with all kinds of builds going on. Every one welcome to check it out if you dare. lol

8. chad

chad

I would have went and got it...let me know if you need anymore help... I am always up for a road trip.

9. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Cool, thanks to Beantoad.

10. Wow, I was gonna offer some help but it looks like it didn't even take a day.

Gotta love the HAMB.