Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help need Hamber relay in Wheatley, Ontario, Canada (near Detroit)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edwardlloyd, Feb 11, 2011.

1. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Desperately need a Hamber with a pickup to rescue my '34 pickup cab in Ontario. I bought it on Ebay in December and paid for it. Now the seller is refusing to cooperate with the shipping company I organized. He actually swore at the lady on the phone and hung up on her. On the other hand he is demanding I pick it up or he'll dispose of it.
    This cab is really clean and owes me $1800 so I can't afford to walk away from it. I just need someone sane to pick it up. Someone who won't swear at my shipping lady!

The cab is on a pallet and ready to collect. He lives on a farm with a 300ft long drive. But I guess a pickup cab will take 2 men to thow on the back of a pickup.

It's 45 miles from Detroit.

Thanks Ed

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Bump for a fellow car guy in need...

3. The problem might be getting it across the border into Detroit. Do you have paperwork i.e. title, receipt etc in hand. There is also stuff like GST ( CANADIAN TAX ) any Canucks know what he would need to get this car over the bridge?

4. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Wouldn't nessecarily have to come over the bridge. We just need a "friendly" place to move it to so the transport company can pick it up.
    Got an Aunt or Cousin who lives on the Canadian side?

5. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well it's not a vehicle, it's only the cab. I have a receipt in the form of a Paypal receipt, and the Ebay auction.

That's right. I just want it to be in a safe place, with someone who is willing and able to assist the truck driver to load it when he turns up to collect and not with some AH who went all funny the day after the Paypal 45 day chargeback period expired.

Ed

6. RNess

RNess

Don't you have a buddy with a trailer? Rent one?
    Good Luck.

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

he is from Germany....give him a break he needs help.

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Would like to help, but I am about 200 miles away...north....

Surely there are HAMB members in the Windsor, Chatham area who could do this.

Going to post this on an Ontario board I am on

9. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I'd need a boat, not a trailer ;-)

10. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Lets give 'em all time to wake up! I expect I'll have some kind volunteer by this evening.

Ed

11. Richuk

Richuk

I live on the outskirts of Windsor and am willing to lend a hand.

I saw a link to your plee on the Rat Rodz of Ontario forum and having recently moved to Canada from the UK, know how hard and frustrating it can be to get things shipped.

I am about to head to work now, I will PM you my number, I should be home around 5.30, or you can PM me the address of where the car is and I'll try and collect it this weekend.

Rich...

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

If your intent is to bring it to the states for export or storage, you shouldn't have any problem. All you'll need is a receipt to cross the border, since its not a complete vehicle and the cab is more than 25 years old, no tax or other fees will be due. I brought my a roadster body, frame, and axles across the border last year with no issues whatsoever.

13. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Thanks Rich, Looks like I found my Guardian Angel. God the HAMB is a great place.

I'll update when the cab is safe and sound.

Cheers

Ed

14. If it,s in Canada find a shipper in Toronto /Canada, might even be cheaper than the USA .

15. I too will be headed through the area Feb. 25/27th heading for the Detroit Autorama with my pickup and four able bodied lifters if required. PM me if you still need help, we have room at home till you get things ironed out.
    Chris Stapley

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Two things, would you please edit your title and take out the word rescue and replace with relay or something else. Rescue should really only only be used when someone is stranded on the road broken down.

Second, sounds like you've got everything under control now but if you need further assistance there are lots of Ontario folks on this Canadian hot rod site. Great guys will to help out.

http://canadianrodder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

17. Hey I've been looking for guys like you. Get that body back over where it belongs,ha,ha!

Cool ride!

Chris.

18. See you in the basement in a couple of weeks Denise!

19. Rochie

Rochie

edwardlloyd,
    Looks like you have it under control. I'm in London about 70 miles from Wheatley, so if you still need a hand let me know. It's just a decent little road trip.
    Richuk, if you need a hand I can meet you there...with directions of course.
    Oh, Denise can vouch for me....I think!!!

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking forward to it bud!
    You and your posse going to be able to make it to my Hot Rod Mingle that Saturday night??

Wayne who??? :rolleyes::p
    You going to Autorama at the end of the month?

21. Hey Denise,

If we can find our way we'd love to come out after the show. PM me with your address , I know I had it a few years back but this might be easier,ha,ha.... I'd have to bring a little house warming gift for ya though, would that be OK?

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, I guess that would be alright :rolleyes::p:D

23. If you need a hand with it Richuk I'm in Chatham and I work in Windsor , just let me know....Dave

24. screwball

screwball

Just to let you know all three guys who have stepped up to help you Chris, Old Fart and Rickuk are all stand up guys not one of them are flighty or game players. Good luck let us know who did you buy it from and how it turns out.

25. Not entirely sure how this is going to end up. Obviously the purchaser is from Germany, yet the seller claims he wants the buyer to pick it up himself (rather than allow a shipping company to pick it up). It is also interesting that the eBay 45 day term has passed. My concern is that the seller is going to refuse to allow anyone to pick it up, other than the buyer himself. Almost sounds like the cab might not even exist ... Sure hope all turns out OK.

It sounds to me like the pickup attempt needs to be done as soon as possible, before the moron "disposes" of it (if it does indeed exist).

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here ... just sounds "odd" to me.

26. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I'm sure the seller is OK, he just claims the shipping lady was rude to him so he blew her out of the water and hung up on her! Now it took weeks for my German shipping company to find a partner in Canada prepared to collect something so large from a private address. He wants it picked up ASAP. Seems he lives on a farm with a 300 yard long drive, but the cab is taking up space. Hell if I'd sold somebody something for US $1700 plus US $100 Paypal charges I'd jump thru hoops to help him get it picked up.

Anyway I just want it somewhere safer with someone who won't hang up on the Canadian shipping lady even if she is a stuck up bitch.

Ed

27. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Ed - did this get sorted out?

It may also be a good idea to have someone just go scout the location out- as previously mentioned, something about this made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

Anyway- lots of folks here are willing to help... :)

28. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I have a truck and trailer but I'm a couple hours away.
    If you still need help I'll try my best to help

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but'
    davidbistolas I'm in St George as well but don't recognize the car in your

29. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Thanks for everyones concern. Thanks to the power of the HAMB, I'm spoilt for choice. If necessary I could have filled his yard with pickup driving HAMBers demanding to see Eds 34 pickup cab;-)

I expect the cab to be picked up by Tuesday. Soon as it is I'll post it here.

Cheers

Ed

Oh this is the plan for it. I've got the '46 Ford X-member and drivetrain waiting to go in. It'll be a column shift flathead V8 channeled PU like this one.

Attached Files:

30. Rochie

Rochie

Hey "D",
    I will be there with bells on. I need my hug ....BAD