Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is Halibrand still selling Sprint wheels, or is there a decent substitute?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ButtSlappingPirate, Oct 18, 2008.

1. ron kramer

ron kramer
    from penna.

I live and race here in Central Pa. and Winters shop is still on Pa. Rt. 74, just outside of York. that being said, I can't tell you were they get their castings done. I know this is off topic but there is are other Q/C rears avalible, such as Franklin, and Diversified Machine Inc. here in Lancaster, Pa. Check them out at www.diversifiedracing.com,

2. abone1930

abone1930

Are these Chinese REPOPS?

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Looks like old 15X10 with the raised lettering and part number. Probably from the sand mold days. Getting harder to find all the time.

Charlie

4. abone1930

abone1930

They are 15 x 12, Does the Repops have the name and serial # in them?

5. All aluminum Halibrands, as far as I know, have the name Halibrand cast on the front of the wheel regardless of where they were cast.

The older sand cast wheels have raised lettering and a size related p/n on the front. The later, permanent mold wheels have a finer detailed raised lettering in a little inset on the front.
    I'm not sure on the date of change from one to the other but I believe the sand cast wheels were 25-30 years ago and there have been a number of new permanent molds with just the name on the front since then.

Re-pops or other reproductions may look similar to Halibrands but they do not say Halibrand on them. That doesn't make them bad wheels, it just makes them not Halibrands.

Charlie

Von MoPar likes this.
  6. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

I just talked to Pat at RRW and ordered my second set of wheels. You get what you pay for, and I would rather spend my US dollars on US parts. When I roll up to a cruise I am always asked about the rims. I am very happy with them and would recommend anyone that wants a quality wheel to check with Pat..BKH

7. seatex

seatex

That is just SO WRONG on so many levels.....................................:mad:

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Old thread and nothing much new to say so I might as well be a showoff.
    15x12"
    20190429_184958.jpg

15x6".
    20161115_111641.jpg

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  9. Thanks for the pics. I just brought this thread back up for the information potential. Those 15 x 12's are incredible.:)