Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 56 ford club sedan gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeyerAutoSalvage, Dec 26, 2010.

1. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Hello to all, and Happy Holidays. We have decided to do a "Junkyard" build, I gave the guys here a choice to build any vehicle in the yard, using any parts they wanted. The choices came down to, 81 F100 named Scrappy with a 429 (our current express delivery truck) taken to the next level, a 48 Chev pickup with 01 Chev truck running gear, or, the winner, a 1956 Ford Club Sedan, to be built with only junk yard parts. They will get a $1000 budget, not to include safety equipment. Unfortunately, this means probably gonna have a late model drive-train, most likely said 429 and C6 from "Scrappy". Also, any cash received from sale of un used parts is acceptable. We will be either Auctioning or raffling this car off at our Fall car show in Trenton FL with all benefits going to Autismspeaks.org . Details are still being hashed out, but check back as I will keep track of the progress closely. Anyone that wants to help or donate- stop on by! We will start hashing away after the 1st of the year, and the goal is to have her ready for our Memorial day show at the end of May. Anyone got any clever names or ideas- pass 'em on!

Dan Beyer

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

so hows this coming along? Pictures?

3. How about "scrappydo"?

4. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Slow right now, business has been hectic, but I will try to post pics this afternoon.

5. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Hello! Ok- finally a little progress! We are tearing into the car and getting all the parts we are selling together, and doing all the gutting of the factory front suspension. We are starting a list of things for sale or trade, for the car, right now, we have all the original drivetrain parts available to whoever needs any of it, we will not be using any of the interior trim items, and they are all in good shape, we will not be using the rear regulators, any of the heater components, or any of the front suspension components. If you need any of the aforementioned items, PM me with a offer or deal! We are looking for a set of BBC fender-well headers, we are going to hack the flanges and use our own flanges (from Noxious Customs- Thank you) for the 429. I passed the "Scrappydoo" name by the guys, and they are pretty sure they are gonna go with it! It does fit, seeing as we are a Scrap yard and the engine was pirated from "Scrappy". We will probably get Luke Scanlon to do the artwork, and have a fighting Scrappydoo on the rear quarters with the name down the side in "Scooby" font- Any photoshop guys wanna do a rendition of it, we would love it! Alright, enough for now, I hope we can update often, we are very busy though.

6. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

pics did not attach first time..... trying again.....

Attached Files:

7. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

If you have any 2wd jeep cherokees they have an OK looking tube axle in the front complete with disc brakes. I have seen them used as gasser axles and they look pretty good

8. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Good call! I have a few of them... We were also thinking of using the spindles from an 80-81 F100 with 4 1/2 BC and king pins, haven't done any measuring, but I think they may be close enough to use on either an F1, or econoline axle, or an A100 Dodge axle- If I can't make one of them work, I will def. go with the Cherokee idea-

9. Just Jones

Just Jones

I'll be watching this one with interest . . . I'm basically doing the same build you guys are! Started with a junkyard dog, just like you did. Please post pictures of your build as you make progress.

Here are a couple of mine:

Attached Files:

10. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Cool! We can keep tabs on both '56s....

11. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Sure will! Yours looks pretty sweet- we will post more pics in the next day or 2, also, you can keep track on our website too, as Pat, the project secretary, is keeping things up to date on there pretty well. I will do my best to keep this one updated! We are gonna mock up front axles tonight and see which we like the best. I love the Y-block, we have a few sitting around if you need any parts!

12. Just Jones

Just Jones

Thanks! I love the sound of a hot Y block, and this one is a fresh built and ballanced 312 with a Mustang GT five speed behind it running to a 9 inch, so it should be a lot of fun. Currently looking for a 6x2 intake for it - may just make one , along with the fenderwell headers and tilt front.

Next step is radiusing the rear wheel wells and bringing the front end up about 3 inches, although I am sticking with coil springs and A arms as this is going to be my wife's rod and it needs to be a good driver, too. She'll drive the tires off it out it once it's done.

But I don't want to hijack your thread, so check out this one I started a while back - it will have details on my '56 build as I make some more progress in the near future:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487387

I'll definitely check out your website, too, as I am always excited to see a Ford gasser build. That 429 that's in your shoptruck sure would move that sedan along fast . . .

Best of luck! - Speed

Attached Files:

13. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Hey Guys, back to full throttle again at work, we are going to the Gatornationals for the weekend, and will have some updates and progress soon!