Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Flathead 6 cyl, H series 226

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Huffy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I am building a H series 226 for a 49 Ford tudor. I Found a vintage Knudsen aluminum cylinder head and a matching 2 carb manifold.
    I have heard that there was a Isky 400 jr cam for this motor and I am after any leads on the specs for this. Thanks Adam

2. mainline331

mainline331

Hello
    Schneider Cams in San Diego will regrind yours to a spec for a flat 8....they have several choices....had mine done and I like it ! Did you by chance get the head and manifold off ebay? looked like a marine head if so....what are your plans?
    Also, you may already know this, but you are somewhat limited by the crappy vacuum advance only ford distributor....email and I can help you with some ideas.....I have a solution if you cant find a mallory...
    I am into these motors, have several and a couple of 254s (the big M series from the F6 trucks-same as 226 but with a bigger bore and bettter rods...) that I am working on now...
    Currently I am finishing up a car with a 226 with adapted mopar distrib, lightened fly, weber carb, header, reground cam, increased compression and a T5 tranny.....
    -James