Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011. final year for the maxton mile.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edweird, Jan 30, 2011.

1. edweird

edweird

maxton upped it to 10.00 last year.

2. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

oh man, that is terrible. What a bummer

3. Kinky6

Kinky6

Are there any HAMBers in SW Georgia that could check into the Ag Center where they host the swap meet in Moultrie? There is a bunch of flat paved property down there, but don't know about a two mile stretch.

I understand that it was a flight training facilty, but don't know what they flew there. I hope some good alternatives show up.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

4. 22 track

22 track

The ECTA initially began in the 1990's by racing at Moultrie. I attended one event there. There was some kind of issue with the town leaders and they had to find a new location, which is Maxton.

5. We are going in April and/or May...will let you know definitely tomorrow. Spaghetti dinner on Friday Night if you make it....you can bring the cookies!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks sweetie, let me know when you know. Your posse is the main reason I'd be going.:cool:

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well Denise I doubt you are going to miss the Roundup for Maxton so i'd count April out. Maybe May then.....And I can round up some of those Iron Lords you love so much as well!:D:D:D

8. Since the subject of Wurtsmith came up;what's going on with Selfridge in Mt. Clemens? I realize it's still an active base under National Guard authority,but hey,there's got to be a gearhead or three that might be able to help. Just a thought...

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, I hadn't looked at the dates. May doesn't look good for me either, nephew's graduation and I'm hosting a party for him with over 200 peeps that I need to prepare for. I'm hoping some of those hot Iron Lords will grace us with their presence at the end of the month here in Detroit.:D

10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

run on dirt now LOL

11. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

go up a million miles to caribou maine

12. badcoupe34

badcoupe34

Yes Denise, come to the April run so I can see you, LOL

13. badcoupe34

badcoupe34

I have a set of high compression Hemi Pistons that were taken out of my engine. They were only in the engine for a few start-ups so they are practically new. I could make you a deal on them you couldn't refuse, LOL

14. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

ECTA is not dead,just looking for a new home.
    We could all see this coming a few years ago.
    The paratroopers are the golden knights,they are not involved with the gryphon group.
    The base was used for many things besides the ECTA,we all worked together until a few years ago.

15. www.exoticsrally.com
    Holds a speed event at the Miami-Dade Transitional Airport that is over 10,000ft long. Check with them about availablility and contacts.

16. I attended the flying mile event that the ECTA held at Moultrie ,Ga back in '95 and only made it to Maxton once,,

It's not the fist time they have relocated,,they will survive. HRP

17. t hard to beleive no more MAXTON MILE, this is the last year! see you out there this saturday.... ive been working for three and half years to get my coupe ready with all the chassis changes and now its too late! hopefully ECTA will find a venue where eveyone can still enjoy it without driving 1000mi........