Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from The N.C.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by AC DESIGNS, Jan 12, 2011.

1. AC DESIGNS

AC DESIGNS

Finally made it here. Here is a bit about myself, I was born into hot rodding by parents, they took took me to every car show in the south east since I was 5 months old riding around is a sick 29 model A hi-boy roadster.I remember riding in that car, the noise of open side pipes and the wind wistling over that chrome layed back windsheild. I loved that car, i guess thats why I have a soft spot in my heart for roadsters. I have always loved Hot Rods, no hoods open wheels and loud pipes! I always wanted to work on Hot Rods and customs, so I tried to learn every thing I could learn about cars starting around age 12. At age 12 I started welding moved on to tig welding and fabricating around age 15. About that time I made a slight detour in to mini trucks, cause thats all I could afford. I think that helped me on the fab. end of things, shaving door handles and any thing else i could weld up for my friends. At around the age of 21 after riding and tricking out Harleys I moved back to my roots, THE HOT RODS!!!!!! I started building a 1933 ford four door sedan, which I still have. I painted it john deere blitz black, layed out some long lick trad. flames with blue outline pinstripes and some tastful red and white pinstripes here and there and some towell city pie crust cheaters on polished torque thrust. I picked up pinstriping and airbrushing about the time I started on the 33. When I wasn't workin on the 33 I was hanging out at a friends shop learning the art of body work. I always wanted to run my own Hot Rod shop,About a year ago I got ahold of a cherry 1966 vw bug it has a 6 inch narrowed beam air ride susp. and i did some airbrush work on the air tank in black and white of rat fink with real fire around him. as soon as I got done with that, then it hit ,due to the sudden loss of heavy equipment that needed to be painted I got Layed off from my job about 7 months ago, where I worked about 4 years. So I got an excuse to start full time on building and custom painting rods,HAHAHA the man can't keep me down!!!! So far I have been covered up, had one of my trucks that I did the pinstripe work on in the nov. 2010 street trucks mag, I have another one comming out in a future issue of street trucks I did some custom graphix on. Just hope I can keep er' a float. For now I'm just driving around in my 1966 vw bug and 33 ford.'' Love, Peace and Hot Rod grease''

2. Welcome from Connecticut.......and yes your intro was very well done.

3. Nice intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

4. big bad john

big bad john

.....Enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B......Big Bad John

5. Jeff J

Jeff J

Welcome aboard on the H.A.M.B. From one N.C. to another ! Good luck on your shop ! I had my Hot rod shop for 25 years sold it and retired now and having my hobbie back and loving it again !!!!

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Great intro! Welcome from South Carolina.

7. shocker998md

shocker998md

welcome from grantsboro nc, where in nc are you located?

8. Great intro! Welcome from Maryland!

9. customcory

customcory

Another N.C. guy welcomes you.:D

10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from conn.

11. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

12. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

13. Welcome from cold CT.

14. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier,MI. Good luck on your business, keep the faith.

15. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Excellent Intro - a warm welcome to you

16. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Welcome from Durham NC.

17. Grego56

Grego56
    from Hanover Pa

welcome from Hanover Pa.

18. dixiedave

dixiedave

Welcome from Michigan. I live here now, but am and always will be a Carolina boy at heart. Born and raised in Lexington, NC.

19. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX---great intro.

20. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from conn.

21. Tripple G

Tripple G

Nice job. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from the Buckeye state. I lived in North Carolina (Maggie Vallley) for 2 years. What a great state. Hope to retire to the mountains some day.

22. grey46

grey46

Great intro ,Welcome aboard

23. Welcome from Cornelius.

Towel City Cheaters, haven't heard Towel City's mentioned in a long, long time.

24. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

25. dudley32

dudley32

Welcome from Fatetteville...d32

26. elgato65

elgato65

Welcome from Fayetteville NC!

27. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Welcome from Albemarle NC

28. customs by jason

customs by jason

hey welcome im from albemarle nc i started out building minitrucks also had some of my stuff in tailgate mag when that was around still drive one as my daily driver cause i hate anything stock same boat with me got laid off also hope to see the bug oneday you go to the cruise in downtown any?