Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carter Car Pac Racks, Classic Racks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Rodder, Jan 15, 2011.

1. A Rodder

A Rodder

Classicracks.com is carrying, or reproducing the original carter carpac racks. These are very expensive new but almost never show up used. I am considering buying one for our 56.

Who can give real first hand feedback on these racks, customer service wise, quality of the rack, etc.

We have 5 kids, strollers, ez up, chairs, ice chests, you get the drift?

The nine passenger is great but when you use the rear seat there isn't room for a coleman 6 pack cooler.

Thanks Joe

Attached Files:

2. A Rodder

A Rodder

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

4. stavros7a

stavros7a
    from Ca

I've seen 3 or 4 show up on EBAY this year alone and they have sold for between $300 and $400 in very nice shape. PM me I may have a lead on one...

5. Nomad

Nomad
    from Gretna, NE

I've had one for several years, though it has hardly ever been on my car (project kinda stalled). The construction quality is good - I would think it would be plenty sturdy for what you're looking to carry. I think the company has changed hands again since I got mine, so I can't give you an accurate perspective on customer service.

I may be looking to sell mine. PM me if you'd like to discuss.

6. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

My brother in law is looking for one of these ..if any one knows on FS. PM me please

7. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Tks to HAMB message was passed on to a older gentleman from Idaho .. My brother in law got his rack ....

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

Alas, the power and helpfulness of the HAMB.
    GOOD LOOKING RACK!

9. I never seen one before great look ....:cool:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. edweird

edweird

nice rack, sir.