Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster stolen at Pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barebones32, Jan 30, 2011.

1. I wasn't suggesting that Homeland Security would administer this nor give a hoot about stolen cars. I'm suggesting that as these technologies becomes more common and available to state and local forces that using this increasingly common technology to help identify criminals, stolen cars etc in locations that already have traffic cameras shouldn't be a stretch. They're already using the newer hi-def traffic cameras for facial-recognition purposes and already using traffic cameras and on-dash cameras to read your tags and tabs from a distance, so what I'm suggesting is well within the scope of what is possible today if only our disparate police forces were given the tools to make it easier for local forces to identify stolen vehicles. Combine common technology A with common technology B and recover more stolen cars. It shouldn't be that hard-it's only a matter of effort and connecting the dots.
    As someone who spent many years working in defense, made many technical presentations at high levels at the Pentagon and FBI Engineering, I can assure you that especially in MD, VA and DC, the police have technology available to them that would amaze you.

2. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

So, guilty until proven innocent?

It's a an indication of how bad the "justice" system is when you get pulled over to make sure you're -not- carrying a stolen vehicle.

I don't see why I should get hassled because the legal system doesn't punish theives.

Shawn

3. Man I check this every day looking for a good outcome. I hope it is found

4. Fenders

Fenders

They don't need a warrant, but they do need probable cause...

Snowbird eyes open here in Arizona, hope you get it back !!

5. mattlepperd

mattlepperd

Damn..that is messed up. Seems like every week we get the same story...

6. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

7. I dont know what good I can do, but I'll keep my eyes out here in Texas-Houston area for ya!!! Mikey

8. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

10-4 on the booby traps. how about some c-4 under the driver seat. dont know where the arming switch is! SEE YA!!!!

9. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

So true. No reason to infringe on our rights.
    They already catch the same people over and over and just let them out over and over. Just throw away the key and be done with it. Bunch of barbed wire in the desert with tarps to group huddle under at night.

That also goes for anyone breaking the law by being here illegally.

10. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

going to a swap meet this weekend we will keep our eyes out looking for anything on this side of the country

11. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

there is a good chance the car is within a mile of where it was taken.

12. daddio211

daddio211

Do you have some information? Call the police! Let Chick know! His contact info is in the first post here!

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He may be going on the theory that the car was moved a short distance and stashed in a building.

With the number of guys who were probably out running around at all hours and no one remembering seeing the car go down the street either under it's own power or with some form of help it either got shoved in a trailer or building rather quickly after it was taken. It could have even been stuck in a trailer sitting in the parking lot of the hotel and not moved until later in the day.

14. That is one attention-getting ride, it would be hard to miss on an open trailer or being driven any distance. Not saying there's a security camera around when you want one.

It could have been easily transferred to an empty trailer a matter of 50 feet away and just pulled out once the dust settled.

Are there any storage facilities close by? Might be worth checking them out.

Bob

15. Chris

I’ll keep your car and its features in mind. I’m in the Kansas City area. Ya never know.

BTW, I’ll be visiting my best buddy in Hidden Meadows in a couple of weeks. I sure hope there’s a happy ending to this muckin fess and I can swing by and see your “returned” roadster. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

charlie

16. scalhotrod

scalhotrod

I was just thinking about taking a ride in my Deuce roadster. I'll put the word out here in the San Jose/Silicon Valley area.

Chris

17. erlomd

erlomd

18. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

My nightly check in :( Still no word, damn! :mad::mad:

19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Mr 48chevy ,that is right on. no one saw the car moved,so it didn't go far before it was out of sight. it wasn't moved on a roll back or some one would have noticed. its easier to hide in plain sight. trailer close by, or a closed building.

20. 21tat

21tat

We'll be on the lookout in Vegas. Sorry to hear this.

21. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

you have another set of eyes in the central US

Good luck!

22. quick60

quick60
    from Virginia

Might want to let Racinjunk.com know the deal to.

23. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

fucking jerks, i would love to be able to smash fingers with hammers of anyone that has taken things that dont belong to them! just this morning i walk out to my truck and some jackass ripped the c.d. player out of the dash last night! iam just glad that the doors were unlocked or iam sure i would have had a broken window and a missing c.d. player.......

24. effin' thieves!! you don't mess with a man's ride!!!:mad:

i hope you find it and i hope the perps get locked up.

25. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

A while back a guy had a 40 Stude stolen from Ventura, he had a couple of retired coppers working on the recovery and sure enough they found it. You might try contacting him, these guys do not mess around....

26. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Nightly check in ?? :confused: Still Notta ? :mad:

27. Damn, it sucks that this car hasn't been returned yet.

I gotta say these theifs have got good taste though.
    That car is perfect!

28. The crooks could very easily be what passes for "car people" and attend all the big shows. They look the look, walk the walk, etc.

So all they have to do is cruise through the lot with a rig and trailer, who's going to notice? They get a couple of other guys to quietly roll the stolen car around the corner of the building and they're gone in the proverbial 60 seconds. Pull this off at 3AM and they're 2-3 hours away before anyone wakes up.

Bob

29. Lucky3

Lucky3

Damn !! I was hoping for good news this morning.....
    Keep the faith Bro, we're eyes wide open here in Okie land.

30. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The car will probably get parted out, I'll keep my eyes out at the Big Three Sappmeet this month in San Diego for any body selling a body.