Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 4th Gulf Coast HAMB Meet Saturday Feb.5th just South of Houston!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam Navarro, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

It's that time again boys~

I am trying to set up the 4th consecutive monthly HAMB meet for this Saturday. Inspired by the Meatheads event this past Saturday in Austin I plan on meeting at a local restauraunt (not yet determined) Saturday for lunch around noon then crusing down to the South Side Roller Derby in Texas City to hangout before the double header derby game. The girls at SSRD give us half priced tickets to the game for all hot rodders and they always have a good band play the halftime show! I will post the resturaunt tomorrow afternoon after I confirm the location, come on out and support local businesses and get to know your fellow Texans/ Car Lovers. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or call me on my mobile. If you aren't able to make it to lunch come out to the derby parking lot around 3pm and drink a few cold beers and tell some lies with all of us! It's not too far from Houston so to be afraid to drive down!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Sam Navarro
    832-618-0447

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

FYI~ I should know the food joint today, I only want to support locally owned establishments so no Chilli's or TGIF's! Come on out fellas, they always make for good afternoons with the family and friends.

Sam

3. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

So it's settled we will meet at noon on Feb 5th at Dickinson BBQ, a local HAMB'er put me in contact with the owner and he said he would love to have us! They have plenty of parking and a cool area for us to hangout in, did I mention they have great BBQ and Cold BEER!!!! If you have any questions let me know!

Dickinson Bar~B~Que & Steakhouse
    2111 F.M. 517 E.
    Dickinson, TX. 77539
    Phone: 281.534.2500

Cheers,
    Sam Navarro
    832-618-0447

4. That place has great food, I have been there, and a big parking lot as well. Should be a good spot.

5. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Will be there with the wife.

6. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

5 Days till the 4th Gulf Coast HAMB Meet!!!! I went and had lunch at Dickinson BBQ and had a chance to meet with the owners. They are planning on reserving front row parking for the HAMB meet and we are also going to block off a small section of the restauraunt for us too! They are very nice folks who give back tothe community and they are really excited about having a bunch of Hot Rods and Kustoms there. Spread the word fellas!

Cheers,
    Sam Navarro
    832-618-0447

7. RAY With

RAY With

Sam I would love to support this event but have Saturday plans I can't break. Possibly the next one we will have a little more notice time. Good luck and there are plenty of hotrodders down that way.

8. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Yeah, sorry about the short notice..... the idea came to me after the Meatheads event last weekend. I will give you guys more notice next time for sure.

Sam

9. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

I appreciate the offer and might make the next event but the weather will be to cold for an old fart like me. My ride has no heat or air.....

10. Whose does???

11. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

My heater will be the SBC in my car! Lol, bundle up boys we have 4 more days til the next HAMB meet! They say it will be in the high 50's to mid 60's Saturday with clear skies. With those of us in Houston who are living with rolling black outs due to this cold crap we will look forward to getting out of the damn house! My wife is trying to get her derby team out to the BBQ joint for a lil eye candy while we eat!!! If you have any questions or need directions, let me know.

Cheers,
    Sam
    832-618-0447

12. bigDrew

bigDrew

Heater - what's that?

I think the wifey and I can at least make the lunch.

13. Hey Drew, where ya been???

14. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

O
    Sweet, hope to see you guys at noon! Second forecast says low 60's and sunny for Saturday boys! Give that ride a little fresh air and let the good times roll!

Sam

15. 37 Jonz

37 Jonz

Hey Sam , not real sure if you know about any of the local places to eat around San Leon or Baclif , but there are three or four places that are Hot Rod / Biker friendly and have great food and Ice Cold Beer .and pretty sure they could manage a large group of people if called in advance...we can talk about it more on Saturday. See ya then

16. bigDrew

bigDrew

I've been doing some work up in new jersery and working on an old house we bought in the heights so there hasn't been much hot rod time lately. The weather up here this winter has been no joke.

17. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

One more day til the next HAMB meet just South of Houston! I know it's been colder than my ex wifes heart but they said that the ice will be gone tomorrow morning. Get out of the house and come support some local business and shoot the shit with some fellow hot rodders! Did I mention that there will be some roller derby girls at lunch??? After lunch don't forget the hot girl on girl action in Texas City!!!!! If you need any more info let me know.

Cheers,
    Sam Navarro
    832-618-0447

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  18. TooManyToyz

TooManyToyz

Looks as if the ice is gone around here; I will try to swing by!
    Paul

19. See y'all tomorrow!

20. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

The sun is out and the ice is gone boys! Give ur car a breath of fresh air, support local businesses and come hangout with fellow hot rodders from around the area. Great food, cold beer, sunny weather, girl on girl action what else do you need?!?!?! If you guys have any questions or news directions call me.

Sam
    832-618-0447

21. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Looks like the wife is working. Won't make it to the meet but will be at the derby. Nothing like watching a bunch of girls taking their anger out on each other and not on me.

22. Pretty good turn out yesterday; where's the pics?

23. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Too hungover to upload pics right now, check back later Richard.

24. 37 Jonz

37 Jonz

Had a great time Saturday ,what a turn out. It was good seein some of ya'll again and nice to meet the rest of ya'll. I'm lookin forward to the next meet or just hangin in the garage ...

25. bigDrew

bigDrew

I'm glad I made the trip down from the big city - next time let's do it a little closer to Houston! Someone post up some pics.

26. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

You all are welcome to come by, exhibit your vehicles and enjoy the day. I'll be coordinating it and will have a button down dickies with "THEBEAT713.COM" on the back of it. Walk up and say what's up. :cool:

Attached Files:

27. 37 Jonz

37 Jonz

Hey Sam , you still hung over ? just wonderin cuz i haven't seen any pic's from the meet LOL.... Dont keep us hangiin