Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs <<<<< Fabian's '50 Chevy "Coupe de Jour" >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrd32, Jan 31, 2011.

1. steveo10

steveo10

finished or not it's amazing! congrats

2. Great car, beautiful proportions, nothing overdone, just right! And the color rules.

3. fabianvaldez

fabianvaldez

Thanks guys, the steering wheel is chevy modified to fit early cad horn ring. The tail lights are 49' buick turned around (thanks to Lee Pratt).
    Fabian

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fabian, a man of few words but many talents.

5. ALLEYKAT1951

ALLEYKAT1951
    from Arizona

Very well done Fabian Congrats!!!

6. Very kool car indeed, tried a few times to get clear pictures but there were so many people around it made it hard to do. Congrats and like alot of others have said- finished or not that car is over the top

7. Wow... congrats Fabian! I have pics somewhere of it years ago sitting at your house, your son was on his tricycle then. Crazy... Car looks so nice.

I'd love to get you some of those pics if I find them.... they were amazing.

So weird as I just mentioned you like an hr. ago...

That pick up, I love... and was so excited to see you still own it. But then saw you sold... at least it is with someone cool whom lets you do more great work to it. Love it!

Hope all is well with you and your fam! Mel

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Must be a temp plastic one...

9. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Fabian's car has all the "RIGHT" proportions...and the color is as sweet as a root-beer float!

Sweet!

Keven

10. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

WOW! Absolutley A georgous ride!!!! Congrats on the award. This is the same car in the david perry book from awhile back is it not? That truck is pretty damn slick too!!!!

11. jasone

jasone

congrats to Fabian on the award, well deserved, i could not stop drooling over the taillights and rear bumper, straight out of the little pages.

12. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Beautiful! Congrats

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I know its a thread about the car, but must say that the reversed windsplit trick on the truck to run the exhaust is really neat.

14. markanthony

markanthony

Man, both of those are a far cry from that little garage off Newhope...inspiring, absolutely inspiring

15. Here's a shot from LSRU

[​IMG]

Via TJJ on iPhone

16. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Fabian re-painted it before LSRU this year....always seeking perfection. Slightly different color.

His Chev was the first bare metal car to turn up at a show, Paso 12 years ago. For the strictly custom guys following this who may not know, Fabian also runs and holds records on the salt with his roadster.

17. lukey

lukey

Im thinking thats my favorite 50 yet! Always thought certain browns would look good on that bodystyle.

18. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

NICE! Now I know what my tail lights will look like installed! Got a set sitting here and they look perfect on his car.

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Chris Casny has a nice shot of it in latest issue of Kustoms Illustrated #31......Oh I Photoshopped the gutter out...if your wondering

[​IMG]