Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Great Blizzard of '11!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Feb 1, 2011.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I just went out and fed the cat, the wind almost took the storm door off the hinges and I was almost blown off the deck! If I were magnanimous I'd have offered to go into work tonight (I'm an RN in the ICU at the hospital in Battle Creek) so I'd be there in the morning, but, I'm LONG over that! My wife got home and said the road was half drifted shut already, and it's not even really begun.

Brian

2. GREASER815

GREASER815

It is quite the BLIZZARD her right now, actually since about 3 this after noon, forecast 12-22", sucks...............

3. Texas here, we got 1 to 2 inches of solid ice here, nothing compaired to what your used to but for some of us here were iced in. good luck to every one up north.

4. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

WE GOT ABOUT A QUARTER INCH OF ICE!!:eek:, supposed to change to rain as temps rise to mid 30's tonight then an inch of snow tomorrow ! Come on warm weather where are you!!

5. So far, this winter has been just bizarre. We're only forcasted to get 3-5 inches tonight/tomorrow. We only have about 8" total on the ground right now. Everyone around us in every direction is getting POUNDED and it keeps missing us.

6. ponchoman

ponchoman

We got a foot today in OKC, and tonight is going to be the coldest in 15 years! Too cold for me to go out to the shop and work on my altered. :mad:

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Jimmy the Groundhog is from Sun Prairie, WI (near Madison)...tomorrow is Ground Hog Day...CANCELLED due to the Blizzard!

8. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Its winter, its the Midwest. It'll be gone in a few days. Besides, it keeps the mosquitoes away :)

9. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

10'' of snow here in central mass----im a snowmobiler also---and a body man by trade----this snow is wicked awesome!

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Weathermen & Corporate Execs seem to get paid a lot of $$$ to be wrong most of the time...

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

On the six o clock news here in Atlanta they where talking with a news guy in Chicago and he could hardly stand still, the wind was blowing hard and it was snowing heavy...I like the snow but I'll just stay in Georgia, Our winters are just a few weeks at a time. In between times we usually get 45 to 50 degree days.

12. Enough already! The news here in MN said that it snowed 28 of 31 days in January!

Thats why:
    [​IMG]

13. aaggie

aaggie

Doesn't snow much in Houston but I've heard that a blizzard is kind of like sex, when it starts you don't know how deep it is or how many inches you will get.

14. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Here in western N.Y. There is no snow its warm and the sun was out all day. They say snow 12-24" naw they lie I tell ya

15. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Even Austin is supposed to get some snow Thursday night...low around 15 degrees tonight. Thats REALLY cold for this town....:eek:

16. Officials just called 12" in the OKC area and 18-24" in Tulsa headed North East now, have fun!

17. troylee

troylee

i dont think that fuzzy little prick saw his shadow, another 6 weeks of this bs.

18. millersgarage

millersgarage

Brian, it's a commin....

They Closed MSU even before it started snowing. In Lansing the forecast is for 18 inches. I need to get out of the barn for Cobo by the end of the month. I'll need to borrow the neighbors monster snowblower and clear out my yard, back to the barn. I had to do that the last time I showed at Cobo in '08.

all the schools were closing here at about 5pm, many businesses are closing too. I assume I will not be working either.

I am in B.C. nearly every day, it was a nice day earlier.

Keep warm.

19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Supposivly We missed round one in philadelphia,Suppose to have an ice storm ,We will see .

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Really? MSU closed? Holy Cow. We're nestled in listening to the wind howling, drinking a glass of wine. Let it snow!

21. millersgarage

millersgarage

yes MSU closed, and that RARELY happens. I plan on getting in some sledding on the hill in the back yard tomorrow.

22. ironpile

ironpile

If we can believe the weather bug radar,sw Il is allmost done recieving nature`s gift.

23. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

We were supposed to fly home today from key west to detroit. Flight was cancelled yesterday. Kept the rental and hiked up to Ft Lauderdale. In a shady cheap airport hotel as i type this. I feel lucky to be down here, but pissed if this turns out to be a flop of a storm. Anything car related to do down here in the Ft Lauderdale area?

This is killing garage time... but the beers and beaches will do.

24. paintcan54

paintcan54

Setting here in Indy watching the freezing rain/sleet, they say it will last till early morning then turn to snow, 2 to 4 in before moving east. Just talked to my son in Dayton Ohio he said the ice wasn't to bad yet, but was worried about losing power, other then that he didn't care. I have been watching a large tree at the north west side of my garage every time we have a lot of ice or strong winds I hold my breath that it don't come down, if it falls just right it takes out the power and the garage wife don't want to cut it down says we need the shade. Good luck out there and be safe if you have to go out.

25. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Gee it actually pretty nice here in northern Indiana. I worked on taking apart my 33 Ford truck today.... NOT!!!!

Attached Files:

26. von zipper

von zipper

It's a lot easier to take over a earthquake,mud slide,or brush fire!!!!!

27. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

up state NY is expecting 24" along the lake I'm 20 miles south of that only expecting 12" I hope

28. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

or how long it will last. At least it is blowing hard now.

29. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Let me see those pictures again of the Hep Cats cutting donuts
    in this stuff.:D

Never mind, all I have to do is watch the news, and the fools trying to drive in this stuff.:eek:

HellRaiser

30. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Columbus Ohio here. Had a good 1/4" of ice over my entire car. I broke my ice scraper in under 30 seconds so I said to heck with it and just sat in my car listening to the radio for 20 minutes while it warmed up and melted the ice :D

Never being one to learn a lesson I slid around this real icy parking lot and came within inches of putting the daily sideways over a curb and up the embankment.
    God gave me a break today!!!