Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone here done a 35 plymouth street rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new direction, Jan 29, 2011.

1. new direction

new direction
    from Illinois

I'm doing a 1935 Plymouth 2 dr 5 window coupe and wondering if anyone here has done one............or something simular. I'm needing advice on direction for rear end set up. Thankx in advance.

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm building a 37, what direction are you looking for?

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Most guys here aren't into street rods.

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

And maybe if he hangs out for a while, his build will take a "new direction"

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Back in 1963 I had a '36 Plymouth coupe that I put in a 292 Ford Y-Block, beefed up Merc-O-Matic, stock rear end was a 4:11 possi.

7. Gator

Gator

KIRK, you're the ginchiest...

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

I built a 35 Plymouth Tudor 30 years ago. 350 chev, muncie, 9" ford diff.
    Used the original rear springs with new bushes etc. From memory it was an early 9" (1957 or so?) which was the correct width for the crager SS rims I had.Shit, so many years ago.
    Good luck, it doesn't hurt to build something different.

9. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

60s B body Mopar rear bolts in.

10. new direction

new direction
    from Illinois

Thankx guys for the thoughts. I didn't realize "most here" arn't into street rods. I fell in love with this car and have always wanted to build a street rod so I'm just trying to get ideas and pictures. The body is on the rotisary and I'm repairing the frame now. I'm going to narrow the rear and modernize the front end but I'm going to keep most of the exterior original.
    53 sled, great job on yours! Do you have any more pictures of the frame in rear? What type of rear suspenison does it have? Do you happen to know where the original frame modification was done?

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You should stop and look around here for awhile, you really may go in a new direction after looking at a few different things on here.

12. VonKool13

VonKool13

Wrong forum for "that" style of car. Also "that" is totally OFF TOPIC!

13. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Check out SkottyChops 35 Plymouth. Now that is how you build a plymouth!

14. Maybe he doesn't know the difference between a "street rod" and a "traditional hot rod", by our definition?

15. Kinky6

Kinky6

16. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

WHOA! that ain't my car.

17. new direction

new direction
    from Illinois

I think Richard D is on to something.....................maybe I don't know how you guys define each term. Have you ever done on thread on that subject? Perhaps what I have in mind is only "off topic" because of my understanding (or lack there of) terms.

18. Just take some time to look around here, use the search function for any terms your not sure about, and enjoy yourself.
    This is a big place with lots of great folk, and plenty of info.:)

19. The search function is your friend.

20. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Skoty's car rule.
    I suggest you do a search for 40s and 50s built, '36 to '48 models, customs/tail draggers.You'll probably discover a world previously unseen. Street rods are an eyesore, just like a lowrider w/ 20 inch billets, it doesnt make sense.

Edit: i cant remember his name but there was that dude form The Ilegales that had that bitchin 36 Plymouth custom. It was flat black, i dunno if he ever managed to paint it. Search that too, worth a look or two.

21. Danog

Danog

I had a 35 Dodge Coupe with 327/350 combo. and 10 bolt rear. Chevy rear works, but its limits the tire sizes you can run. Mopar rears fit great, in many cases they fit right on the stock springs. Of course Ford 9" works damn near anything.

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Go with a Lincoln Versailles .. I have one in my 36 Dodge / 5w coupe .. works purfect