Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blue Suede Cruise (Norwalk Ohio)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 442 c/g, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 442 c/g

442 c/g

Has anybody been to this? How was it?

Don

2. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

if im not mistaken goodguys canceled it??

3. alterbob

alterbob
    from Butler,Pa.

Yes that is correct, But Norwalk will have there own Blue Swede Cruise this year.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Went with a pal last year,.. it was really fun,.. sorry to hear it's canceled, I was looking forward to it again this year,... oh well!

The black 55 in the last picture is what we took down there.
    (and yes,.. these are crappy cell phone pictures)

Attached Files:

5. vert1940

vert1940

july 22-24 its on the summitt raceway motorsports park website

6. rbfr29

rbfr29
    from Ohio

The Blue Suede Cruise is alive & well at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. It will be July 22, 23 & 24. The reason Goodguys left is the contract was done & they got out of the nostalgia drag race venues. They decided they wanted to persue more show car related shows. They are not at Indy Raceway Park anymore either. They moved it to the Speedway this year. You can make all the fun runs down the race track (Full 1/4 Mile) that you want. All day not just for an hour or so like the GoodGuys. They are feeding you on Friday night & on Saturday night there will be a band (Phil Dirt & The Dozers), Burn-out Contest & Fireworks. You can go to thier web site www.summitmotorsportspark.com to read all about it. For all of you that decide to stop out, I will be having a little get together party with some music after the meal on Friday night. Stop by & say HI. Hope everyone has fun. JT

7. rbfr29

rbfr29
    from Ohio

Guess I should have said the party will be in the Chalet Village. JT

8. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

I have been to every show but one. It's always a good time and worth checking out. My club does a bbq Sat evening right down the road from the track. We'll be passing out fliers at the show. Can't wait.

9. rbfr29

rbfr29
    from Ohio

Talked to Greg last weekend at the NHRA race. Said he was going to tell you guys about my party at the Blue Suede Cruise. Hope he didn't forget. So here is an invite from me. Hope to see you guys Friday night after the meal. JT

10. They say they are going back to the original format. A lot of fun for the street cars.

11. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

A week away. How about roll call? I'll be there, but my Buick is still apart.

12. Tripple G

Tripple G

Went the two years Goodguys sponsored the event. Always had a great time! Liked the fact that it wasn't as big as the Nationals in Columbus, only 2,000-3,000 cars, was at a first class facility and the had Vintage Drag Racing. You get tired of looking at cars at rest, you could go watch 'em go down the strip, etc. Sorry to see Goodguys leave, but the Bader Family seems to do this right, so maybe this year will be alright? Here's a random sampling of some Blue Suede phots.

Attached Files:

13. Tripple G

Tripple G

A few more Blue Suede shots:

Attached Files:

14. Tripple G

Tripple G

And another batch:

Attached Files:

15. Tripple G

Tripple G

Here's the last group of Blue Suede photographs I'll post. If anyone's going, I hope you have a great time. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

16. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Thanks for the pics. Are you not coming this year?

17. Deuces

Deuces

Hey G... Ya need to re-size these pics....

18. Tripple G

Tripple G

Working on resizing photos on future posts. Somehow my pixel size got changed when I decided to upload to another board. And no, I'm not going this year:(, too many other commitments and my 5-window isn't quite ready for a 2-1/2 hr. trip yet. But next year.....;)

19. 61falcon

61falcon

should be a good time, weather forcast is looking like it may be hot. i gotta work saturday but should be there sunday.