Register now to get rid of these ads!

Save them!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xoticcustoms, Jan 26, 2011.

1. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

I need some help. This ahole in the stix by me is taking a bunch of cars to the scrap yard to get crushed within the next couple days. He won't deal with us on any of them so we are trying to buy them from the scrap yard. If there's any interest in them, we can save them and give them a second chance. Lots of cool stuff.
    -49 hudson 4dr very nice body
    -40's ford stub nose complete good body
    -late 30's terraplane with hood onament intact, straight grill
    -50's desoto
    -36 chevy sedan
    -31ish dodge body
    - 5 or 6 late 30's-40's chevy & ford cabs good shape
    - 3 or 4 really early tractors
    -20's studebaker (unbeleivable condition) Not a rip in the original interior, original paint on the spoked wheels, original vinyl top perfect. But he doesn't want to sell it, yet

2. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

Here are some of them

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      388.3 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      34.9 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I dont think calling him an A-hole on a national forum will help with your efforts on buying the Stude. Scrap is high, who wants do deal with tires kickers and bs'ers endlessly when he can haul it all in for real money.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

pics?

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

A few of those are worth saving at least

6. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

Respectfully offer him double the scrap price for them, cash on the barrelhead, and guarantee him they'll be off his property within a week.

7. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

1. We offered the guy way more than scrap prices for them. 2. This guy wants nothing to do with cars so I seriously doubt he will see me calling him an ahole. 3. That's being gentle compared to what I want to call him.
    He wants 4k for the ford stubnose and if he doesn't get that, he's going to haul it in for $300. A-hole

8. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

I don't have pics of the desoto, but I'm pretty sure the body is ok on it. No hemi (we checked)

9. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey Bud, ask him when he's going to the scrap yard, meet him there, and offer the scrap yard or the guy whos working there, a $100 over each car they buy. Trust me those guys are working for lots of dough, they'll go for it, and if they can't I'm sure the yard would prefer the dough.....

10. rustydibris

rustydibris

Why not try to deal with the scrappers... offer them couple of k cars or junked hondas in return for one of those gems

11. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

Then let him... go to the scrap yard and buy it off them, most are in the business to make money, not just melt metal.

ha ha beat to the punch

12. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

That's the plan. We figured if we offered the scrap yard what they are gonna make off them and they don't have to do any work, they should go for it.

13. rustydibris

rustydibris

Unless the owner wants them recyled and not resold... Happened here...
    Maybe find out want he wants for all of them maybe you and a few buddys can chip in and resell

14. When you buy 'em from the scrapyard you can drive by his house with a thumbs up to show that you got his stuff anyway.

15. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Providing the yard will sell complete cars, some don't.

16. Dyce

Dyce

Do you have any freinds that can go to him to make an offer for you? Sounds like you and the owner of the cars can't come to an agreement, maybe someone else can. You can be the "silent partner". I see nothing in your pictures that diserves to be scrapped. Looks like the pictures are from last fall. I picture the stuff snowed in now, might buy you some time.

The scrapyards are less than kind to stuff they unload. Better off getting complete cars before they get the forks through the windows and the tops tweeked.....

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Tell him that you will help him put the on ePay and have a reserve of $300 and tell him that they may bring more than that & then have a "buddy" bid them to $301 and split the fee's with the guy and you have the cars and he has the cash.

Chris

If the "old farmer" hears the word ePay & you help him with the listing....I bet that he will be alot more receptive to you unless your "sleeved out" in tattoo's and you haven't been so kind to the guy........

18. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

gee, let me spell it out for you...C-A-S-H

If that doesn't work then go talk to the scrap yard owner/manager in advance

19. rodknocker

rodknocker

He must have posted them on CL and had the 200 no shows,the 100 mega lowballers, and the 1 guy that could afford the car,but had no way to get it off of the property.Sometimes that aggrevation is worth 4k.

20. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

How did you happen to find these cars? Did he list them forsale somewhere? Giving somebody an extremly high price is also like saying its not for sale.(unless your dumb enough to pay my dumb money price)

I bet he doesnt want to be bothered, thinking to himself, -
    "Someday I will build a wall around my property to keep the looky lou's out"

21. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

will you sell any parts off that 39 or chevy/gmc truck and is there any more 39-46 chevy/gmc trucks in there.thanks

22. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

If they were going to be sold for scrap why would someone turn down more money than the scrap yard would give. You give me 4000 for the forty or I scrap it for 300. How stupid. Sounds like a jerk. I know a guy that had a rough 46 coupe and had it cut up with a torch so no one could get peices of it. He was not only a jerk he was to lazy to cut it up himself. I have never understood why people want to be that way!

23. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

I don't know what his problem is. The only chance is to intercept at the scrapyard. we offered him 9k for everything on the property. Wouldn't take it. A friend of a friend works for the guy scrapping properties and clued us in on whats at this one. Once the Jerk found out there was a little interest in the stuff he got on good ol epay and priced everything at primo prices (greedy bastard).

24. jokerjason

jokerjason

Good point, I know of 2 yards where I live that don't let anyone buy anything as soon as it gets in there gate. Hopefully these scrap dudes will deal with you guys. Good luck!! JOKER JASON.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Step one: Have a pile of money, Step two: have a patch of land to store them, Step three: make a deal with the Scrap Yard for $1,500 over scrap value and save those vehicles.

26. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

If we can get ahold of them I would definately sell anything off of them. I don't have the money to keep anything and I want them to go to someone who will use them. I don't remember how many are chevys and how many are fords. I think there's like 2 chevys and 3 fords maybe

27. He's scrapping THIS?
    [​IMG]

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You lost me,but the best I can tell is,its not going to the scrapper now
    but you didnt get it either???

Not sure but are you saying the owner is greedy for wanting to get what the stuff is worth:confused:

29. Man be careful about waiting till they get to the scrap yard. One of the big metal yards in Little Rock will not sell a car after they get it for any price. Crushed a 55 Chevy just recently. It sucks---tons of good parts and some builders leaving every day. But with scrap metal prices way high, it will only get worse.:(

30. Toner283

Toner283

Like someone said, talk to the yard before he takes the cars in. The guy unloading will not handle them gently unloading them & they will likely not be worth having after they are unloaded with a forklift or a claw on a crane.

I would also find the manager/owner of the yard. Deal with someone high enough to make a decision. And if that doesn't work, offer one of the yard guys some $$$ to gently set them aside for you to get later.