Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turlock Swap Meet 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Half-Fast Motors, Jan 5, 2011.

1. big creep

big creep

sorry guys but that swap meet is a whole lot different then the gnr show. its a must do if you get a chance. drive down, you wont be sorry, you'll love it!

2. Muttley

Muttley

Yep that is pretty stupid. Having a choice I'd always pick the swap. You can always see plenty of pictures of the cars at the show..........pictures of parts you could have bought just wouldnt have the same effect.

3. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

X2 what he said its getting worse every year

4. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Heading down and looking for 32 steering box/ good used ford front drums/ any other cool stuff i cant resist

5. I`ve been going there last 6 years. I`ve always found some great deals.
    So bring some money. Funny how you forget the cold and the smell when you
    find the part you`ve been looking for. can`t wait.
    Peace , Apacheben

6. The Modesto A's try real hard to not have the spaces used for power parking ..
    if you see a space that you think is not being used properly asked one of the club members to check it out ... they have tossed vendors out in the past ...
    as for getting a spot .. they start a list at 7am on Sat morning at the Modesto A's club booth by the Car corral.. get over there and put your name on the list for 2012. .. as we "old dogs" age out the spaces do churn quite a bit each year

I see about 5 guys on craigs list offer to sub lease a space .. which is also against the rules.. but does happen

and keep in mind the fair grounds has been trimming the space down from what it was back in the 70's & 80's ....

the club toils real hard to produce this swap meet .. it isn't easy... lots of hassles and long hours for them...

when you seen a guy with a "vest " working the meet .. go up and thank them for putting on the swap meet... they need to hear positive comments..

I have just over 10 years experience of running a swap meet and what I always hear "it's only a good swap meet if the person finds the part that they are looking for .. many fail to see the social value and the learning aspect of a swap meet ...you get to be face-to-face with knowledgeable guys ..and benefit from their expertise

you get to talk to a guy with a name .. not a email address

7. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Ditto!! My buddy & I have put on a "Gas Bash" & swap meet at his place for about a dozen years now. It DOES take time to handle everything. A small "thank you" goes a Loooooong way.

8. Oppy

Oppy

I'll be there, will try to look up some HAMBers. I think in the last 8 years or so, it kind of turned into a place for a lot of people to just have a spot and just show off their parts, with really high prices, witch mean's to me , not rally for sale,,,,, BUT look at what I have that you want. Not all the spots. I do know people like that though. Any way, I have hard time not going, because of being a hot rod guy. Good luck to every one selling and looking to buy, may luck be with all. Leter buk

9. rockabilly_kid

rockabilly_kid
    from Reno, NV

I'll be there, helpin out my uncle at his booth. I'll be huntin for stuff for my Dart!

-Allan

10. Maybe they were just trying to keep up with Ebay?:D:D:D

all my stuff is priced at $4 ;)

swing by space L8 on the pavement
    look for this truck ...if it don't breakdown on the run down on 99 from Sacto :rolleyes:

You will also be able to sign up fors spaces for our April 17th, 2011 Swap Meet in Sacto at the Power Balance Pavilion:confused: .. (Arco Arena runs out of gas as of March..
    John

Attached Files:

11. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

I'll be in space M 68 with a 34 Ford Pick Up cab, Flathead and Chevy multi carb intakes, etc. Show up Fri. or Sat. Will be heading to GNRS Sun.

12. Jcan82

Jcan82

Ill be there!! anyone know of some one with any 1960 f100 parts that might be there? I need the dr side hood spear and front emblem as well as a front bumper. Let me if you hear of any! See ya there...

13. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

I'll be there, space AA40, on the grass by the bathrooms. Who knows what I'll have it's always me & a few friends cramming as much crap as possible in my 10x20 area.

14. Crankhole

Crankhole

How does Friday's seller turn-out compare to Saturday's?

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Swap is Saturday and Sunday, but lots of wheeling'n'dealing Friday Nite with sellers to sellers. been lots of heavy fog in mornings/nites down San Joaquin Valley way.

16. bava17

bava17

We'll be there, over in front of the pig barn, in the very southwest corner of the swap, across from Ohai Rick (DeSoto). Sellin lots of stuff: NOS 5 gal Moon tank, '40 Ford rearend and front end, complete flathead with '40 Ford trans, '53 Buick grill, Ford 390 Toploaders, Sun engine analyzer, steering wheels, wheels, rallies, etc., etc.
    Steve

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Time to get going-Watch out for fog-spend what ya got to get the deals on stuff you might not see offered again soon, of course there is tomorrow too.
    I flew down to SoCal early yesterday, Friday, for the Grand National Roadster Show-GNRS. Had a great time viewing amazing rides. Post Pics later. Got to bed after Mid-Nite. Got up at 4:30-. See Ya at swap

18. Muttley

Muttley

So, did anyone score big? I stayed home for the first time in years, no money means no reason to go.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Even with no money to spend I go to swaps any way to see stuff that will help keep the spark going. OH NO -RAIN TODAY SUNDAY

20. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Lots of stuff to look at, long weekend. We sold lots of signs (about 60 of 'em) & my buddy bought a '34 two door sedan & an offy 3 carb flatty intake. I bought a box of stromberg carbs & a factory Cadillac dual quad set up (HEAVY!!!)

21. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

I bought some chili fries, a linguica sandwich and a beer. oh yea, some amber headlights, a few bezels, and other random little junk. I wanted that 60 brookwood wagon but forgot most of my money in my other pants. but like always, it was fun just to go out there and make a day out of it.

22. CFL

CFL
    from San Jose

I got a pretty good 40 Ford pick up bed for $150, sides are clean very little rust. Even the wood on the floor is solid