Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **GNRS 2011, Jan 28-30 -- Who's Going!??**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Dec 20, 2010.

1. 777

from Pasadena

Bringing the Belond roadster, have no idea where they will place it but evertime i look it over there seems to be something else that needs a little attention.
    See everyone soon.

2. Just leave Monday Rick:)

3. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I'm coming with Moredoor Charlie, Toyo John and a couple other guys. Joel Banjo should arrive via Phoenix. Charter flight from N. W. Arkansas $140,00 round trip. Can't beat that.

4. Going Saturday

5. Nouhuh and I are flyin in Thurs. pending the weather. Might have to break down and cruize in Wedn. (an extra day to snag an IN-N-OUT BURGER) I tried and tried and still couldnt fit the 49 Merc coupe doors in my carry on,,,,sorry SLDDNMATT!!!!

6. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Thanks for the offer, Dennis. Sue & I will have a blast & maybe we'll see ya Thursday! :p

7. buckd

buckd

Kustom Kings Denison TX chapter will be represented by four of us leaving Mon. to give us time to stop at Junior Conways ,Winfields and a couple of others on the way. This is a once a year deal for us and we are going to make the most of it. Not taking our cars this year. Just touring in the EXCURSION. Can't wait to meet and greet. Been lurking on here for two years with nary a post. But I've come to know a bunch of y'all and since I've retired I'm coming out of my shell. Became an alliance member and am anxious to more actively participate. See ya there!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  8. I didn't know there were 4 Kings in Denton.
    I'm rolling out of the Denton area Monday too!
    See ya there!

9. buckd

buckd

Boy, am I bad!! (brain fart) That is the Denison Chapter, sorry. Drive safe,BUCKD

10. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Sat. in the Drive-In area:cool:

11. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Be sure to put LOTS of their hot mustard on it! And get a 10 cent cup of coffee.

12. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

I'll be there...looking for the Denise hug!

13. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

I'll definitely be there, A '34 Cabrio that my bro and I did is in the suede palace this year!!!!

14. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Saturday, Jan. 29 @ 4 p.m.
    Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum presented by Automobile Club of Southern California
    Admission is free and open to the public
    Hear tall tales and bench racing exploits from some of the original members of the Low Flyers of Santa Monica - one of hot rodding's earliest and most important car clubs. Join us at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum on Saturday, Jan. 29 at 4 p.m. with moderators Museum Chairman Alex Xydias and Jim Miller, son of Eddie Miller Jr, original Low Flyers member. Stuart Hilborn, Phil Remington, Dick "Magoo" Megugorac, and Bob Wenz will reminisce of their car club days and hot rodding adventures. Admission is free, courtesy of Dan Webb, who recently re-created the Phil Remington Modified!

The Low Flyers of Santa Monica was a very competitive dry lakes racing club that reached prominence in the immediate post-World War II era. An incredible number of auto racing luminaries came from the club including Stu Hilborn, inventor of the fuel injection system that bears his name, and famed cam grinder Jack Engle. Phil Remington, instrumental in the development of the Cobra and Ford GT-40, and Indy 500 winning mechanics Jim Travers and Frank Coon were also members. After winning back-to-back 500s with Bill Vukovich in 1953 and ’54, Travers and Coon formed Traco Racing Engines and were responsible for winning entries for customers such as Roger Penske, Lance Reventlow and Jim Hall. America’s first World Driving Champion Phil Hill once remarked that as a young man growing up in Santa Monica, he was in awe of the Low Flyers.

The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum is located at 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Building 3A, Pomona CA, 91768. For more information, contact the Museum at 909-622-2133, or visit http://museum.nhra.com.

15. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

9"-12" inches of snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning for Boston. If this screws up my flight, you're gonna see me on the evening news!!!

16. jho

jho
    from Omaha

if i can stay out of jail until thursday im going

17. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

I'm not bringing my ride cuz she's out of commision for the moment but I'll be there Friday and Sunday!

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Chill, man...we're flyin out of Boston Thursday am also...the flights gonna go!!!:cool: We're on the 6:30, how about you?

19. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

9:05 I hope you're right!

20. Riding around with the windows open today - till it mussed my hair - so up with the windows and on with the AC:)

21. jick

jick
    from london

Well Its just gone 6am here in London so I'm just gonna have a cup of tea then set off!
    A walk to the busstop, then 3 different trains to the airport, a 10 hour flight to Dallas, then a 3 hour flight on to Ontario...... Gonna be a long day!

22. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Wow ! I'm impressed, now that's what i call making an effort. That makes the 45 min. drive in the roadster seem kinda uneventful.

23. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

ill be there an hour drive for me.

24. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

I'm going... Can't wait!

25. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

26. jick

jick
    from london

Ha....... I think that 45 minutes in a roadster sounds like a better option!

I can't wait to get there!

Jick

27. My drive shows up in one hour to take us to the airport. Whole bunch of snow scheduled for tomorrow!!