Register now to get rid of these ads!

hoods off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aussidad, Dec 10, 2008.

1. lots/of/stuff

lots/of/stuff
    from Dallas, Tx

here are one of my two!! i also have a 63 ford galaxie conver with a big block chevy and... no hood!

Attached Files:

2. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

3. scooters565

scooters565

my 64 nova

Attached Files:

• 396.jpg
      396.jpg
      File size:
      204.6 KB
      Views:
    • 395.jpg
      395.jpg
      File size:
      248.1 KB
      Views:
    • 397.jpg
      397.jpg
      File size:
      156.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Stupid and ugly.

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm with these guys here, never understood the attraction. Also, I think this thread has introduced me to "rat customs." If you need me, I'll be the one with the gun in my mouth.
    Paul

6. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I was asked by one of those snot nosed kids where my hood was? I told him I was old, and forgot it. I pointed to a friends 32 hiboy roadster, with no fenders and told him "he's even older then me"

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

If it's a hot rod with a good looking motor....why hide it?
    I know several guys who as soon as they park their car at a show, they jump out and whip the hood up....now THAT'S lame! :)
    On most post 32 cars, except for highboys, I'd probably leave it on. Unless it has a good "street racer" vibe.
    To me, traditional styled 40's look good without a hood, but I will put one on mine someday.....
    The only trouble I have had was during a rainstrom when it rain 7 inches in just a few hours. I hadn't covered up the distributor. Many guy with louvered hoods (which mine would have on it) had problems that day too!
    My only complaint is having to clean the water spots off motor if it rains!

8. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Thanks. Good line. :)

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

If you have a Ford with a chevy in it, PUT A HOOD ON IT

10. sic-nic

sic-nic

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Veteran Tulsa hotrodder/pinstriper Ron Myer's nailhead in his '39 Ford sedan.

[​IMG]

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Yesterday it was people saying a '58 Caddy shouldn't have scallops. Today it's people saying a hot rod should not be hoodless.

Is this some old fogey restorer site, or is this the HAMB?

13. lawman

lawman

"No stinkin" hood for me !!!!! I guess it's an "Old Hot Rodder thing".
    As an old man (67) I want to relive my high school days (!960) at
    the drive in burger joints !!!!!

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

still the HAMB, and since day one here there has been a lot of "after '34 is should have a hood" , I'm still there with it. :eek:

15. i like cars with out hoods but only if the car has a headerpanel or the grille looks complete with out the hood AND
    the motor and the engine compartment is all dressed out

i think alot of musclecars look better without the hood it doesnt quite comeoff the same way with most 50's cars

who on here can say they didnt get wood when projectX pulled on screen in holywood knights with the blown smallblock and chromed radiator support and no hood

16. mad torquer

mad torquer

I agree with 57/60 Bird. There is a time and a place. My car is not '34 or older, but I think it looks good without a hood. It is not a 'custom'. It is a 'hotrod'. Although, I have also received a warning from the cops in the past for no hood along with a speeding ticket.

[​IMG]

17. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

My plan for her maiden voyage is to go hoodless, I can remember several cars back in the day, running around that way.
    I have a hood and plan on using it, but not all the time. best way to show off odd ball motors and speed equiptment.

Attached Files:

18. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

i love the hoodless show off that big honkin engine

19. jamn47

jamn47

I guess it's just your taste in things. A hot motor is like a hot girl at the beach, do you want to see her with her T-shirt on? I can find other things that would bother me other than someone's hood being used as a sled this winter, My kids love using my hood in the backyard coming down the hill. I think asking a so called "hot rodder" his lift and duration, and getting a blank stare is far more annoying. Remember " HOODS ARE FOR DUMPSTERS"

20. I'm thinking about running my lowey hoodless I like everyone to know what I got.

21. I am gonna run the hood (and probably the hood sides) on my '29 Chevy because I want an all-weather hot rod, and not worry about rain! Still, I like the hoodless look on a lot of cars...

22. uc4me

uc4me

I just haven't gotten it to fit right yet
    [​IMG]

23. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I think it's dumb.

24. jamn47

jamn47

If you read the openeing thread. Aussiedad didn't ask if people thought it was stupid. He asked to see some pics, cause they don't allow them to run that way over there. We could go on all day about what so stupid about cars. I don't know? maybe I read it wrong. I might think a Ford with a Chevy is stupid, but other people like it. After all it is very rare to see one.

25. [​IMG]
    One[​IMG]

One of my favourites.

26. LabRat

LabRat

This isn't mine .... but Tony's Willys is a fine example ...

[​IMG]

27. jamn47

jamn47

Man LabRat! If someone ever put a hood on that Willy's they should be in front of a firing squad.

28. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

and fenders !

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 It looked rather silly in the 60's when guys left the hood at home to play Joe Gasser on the Ave and still does on post 1940 cars and trucks. It gives the appearance of just trying too hard to be one of the cool guys.

30. jamn47

jamn47

Oh well, guess it's time to go buy the crying doll and the feather duster. I wonder if the tires are suppose to have the original air in them also?