Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 f100 gt40p heads, help with header.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys_truck, Jan 23, 2011.

1. willys_truck

willys_truck

I am swapping a 302 with gt40p heads into my 65 ford f100. I am going to keep the z bar clutch with the 3 speed on the column. I am needing some headers that will fit in the truck and also fit the gt40p heads. Anyone running gt40p in the ford pickup? Any suggestions?

2. bigheavy

bigheavy

Look at the selection in summit from BBK. At the old shop we put many newer ford motors (gt 40s and the 392 SVOs) into fords and they were always a pain in the butt to find headers. I don't remember the part numbers but BBK had a couple of different configurations, hope this gives a place to start. Order different sets and send back what doesn't work, summit has a darn good return policy.

3. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

4. The Patriot or Summit blockhuggers work with 40p heads but I have no idea if they will clear all your obstacles.

5. I think the gt40p heads have the spark plugs at a slightly different angle than normal small block fords, not sure if that will help or not.

Brad

6. willys_truck

willys_truck

Thanks for the replies, does anyone know if the stock starter will work with the patriot block huggers or do you have to use a mini starter?

7. We (Patriot) recommend a mini starter with our Ford Block Hugger #H8427. I have used them with a stock starter but if I remember there was an interference with the battery cable lug that i had to deal with. Was a few years ago. PM me and I will check it at the shop.