Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will Sway Bars help my 56 to STOP leaning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Frame Dragger, Jan 23, 2011.

1. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

I have a 56 delivery with air bags but I like to drive my car LOW the problem is when I turn, my car leans too much and my pipes hit so my question is does this happen to anyone eles. Do you know if I can only put sway bars on the front or just the back. Or do I need them on both front and back

2. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

put sway bars on front and back. big diameters. dont have to be new ones . go junking with you measurements. get the frame mounts with them.

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

I got a 54, and it leaned real bad stock everything.

I fit a 70's Nova front bar to the front, about 1" dia. And bought an aftermarket rear bar that clamps on the axle and attaches to the frame with links.

No more lean.

If you do just one end of the car, it might be OK, but with two you are spreading that force over both bars and 4 links so that each one has less to do.

4. DavidL

DavidL

I can't tell you for sure on a 56 Chevy, but from my experience on other cars putting anti-sway bars on the front reduces body roll a lot. Putting one on the back will help as well, but I do not notice as much as a difference as the front. Before I added one to the front it seemed like I turned the wheel, the body rolled, then the car reacted and turned. But after installing, the car responded much quicker to turns.
    Just my 2 cents.

5. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

If you want it to stop leaning put individual valves on all four corners. It sounds like you only have them for the front and back.

6. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

thanks for the reply

7. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

yep, your kinda taking a lot of risks not doing it this way.

8. Cirilian

Cirilian

Bingo! Assuming that you don't have each corner with its own set of valves, when ever you turn, the air moves from one side to the other and increases the body roll.

9. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Well I put the sway bars on my car what a difference, Man I can cruise over to the coast now and fly through the mountains with no trouble. It was well worth the money

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

good deal.thanks for posting your results.