Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from arizona

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Doc in AZ, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Doc in AZ

Doc in AZ

hi there,

they call me Doc & i have a fab shop here in glendale, az. i was referred here by Rod (can't remember his screen name) but we've been building his 63 rambler 'vert into a gasser at my shop.

i've done a lot of cars over the years and have a couple projects going right now. my daily driver & primary project is a 61 ford falcon econoline station bus. i almost had one back in 87 but my parents would let me buy it.. i guess they didn't want to become young grand parents. but i finally got a good one. it's got about 50k original miles on it and aside from a little neglect on the outside it's almost perfect inside. it has all the door panels, a very nice dash, all the window surrounds & headliner. it even had the factory curtains in it when i got it. it looks like it was a special order going by what was standard that year and what the VIN shows it came with... it even has a little step that comes out when you open the side doors. someone over the years swapped in a 200cid from a mustang (we think) and with the 3.50:1 gears it easily cruised 75mph on the fwy without breaking a sweat.

a couple days ago i found a guy that has about a dozen of these he's parting out... one of which is a 61 econo pick-up that might be the next addition to my stable... it would be pretty cool to have a matching van and pick-up. it's a project but in really good shape and wouldn't take much to get it on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my other project is a rat-rod... 53 cj3b willy's jeep tub on an 87 suzuki samurai chassis... and just a bunch of odds and ends i had at the shop. i used the zuki chassis because it's so narrow and it's so light the 4 banger should push it along pretty well... but i have a 258 cid 6 cylinder that i need to freshen up (eventually) and put that in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Welcome! i just saw a flat fender in Elma Wa the other day slammed on the ground with the tires sticking above the top of the tub! love to see people outside the box

3. Doc,
    Nice intro. Great looking van project.
    Welcome from Michigan.

4. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

Howdy Doc, I am in the 'Tuk

Welcome

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Welcome from southern AZ!

6. Badhabit

Badhabit

Welcome to the HAMB Doc! Nice projects.

7. big bad john

big bad john

.....Doc......welcome aboard.......

8. WOW!! Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doc, enjoy from Conn.

10. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

11. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Great Intro - lot of effort went into that :) Welcome

12. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

13. And "Howdy" from Mammoth, Az. Crow. LFFL

14. Vanhaulin

Vanhaulin
    from Tempe,Az

Doc in Az, Love the van. New to the HAMB and to Econolines. Grew up in Glendale and just picked up a 64 Falcon Bus. Any chance you still have it? I'd love to come look at the linkage etc on how to re-install my step that came in a box when I got er.

15. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas