Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monster Garage: 1954 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Classic_Crime_Inc, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forty1

forty1

2. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

serious, i just threw up in my mouth alot!!!

3. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

Maybe it was part of the divorce....?????

4. ride00007

ride00007
    from Illinois

I'm wondering if the title issues were the reason for the low price. The Barrett-Jackson description indicated the possibility of registration issues. Yeah... that car was the deal of the day.

5. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I did notice that one guy was going to pop up the hood and then stopped. What is under there? A reason why it was left closed?

7. Master of None

Master of None

It listed a 307, so not too special to look at. Or possibly it wasn't clean?

8. 33mopower

33mopower

Now thats funny!

9. What a deal for someone. And the gt 40 go kart sold for more, something aint right.

10. i think was just his public slap in the face

i mean who wouldnt want a gene winfield fade paint job on thier car or have the REAL car builders who were involved in the building work on thier car

11. gonzo

gonzo

Brett Michael's Cock Rock and Roll Camaro 200K
    54 Chev built by the the Rock and Roll Jugernauts of the Universe 44K
    I've got to say it people are fucked!

12. erock805

erock805

Thats a crazy cheap price for that build. i dont get it.

13. coupemerc

coupemerc

TV coverage and promotion was weak. It was probably shown for about 10 seconds. All they said was that "it is a 54 Chevy custom" and "nice paint job". No mention of James, Winfield, Dean ,Hines, etc. I regret not bidding.

14. In the B-J world, yes it did sell cheap @ 40K (+ 4K buyers fee). I'm sure Jessie's ass is still pretty chapped today

At auction, anything is only worth what two people think it is worth. Last night, 44K is what the winner decided it was worth.

Now lets be realistic, at least in the blue collar world and todays economy, 44K is one hell of a lot of money for any 54 Chevy

15. gas pumper

gas pumper

now the question of the day is how soon will it appear on Ebay? And what will it go for?

A week ebay would give it more exposure than it got in it's 30 seconds of the bj.

16. Larry T

Larry T

I think there are a couple of misconceptions here.

Number 1, I don't figure JJ sold the car because he's broke. Everyones interest changes and life goes on. He was just done with the car.

Number 2, Not many bidders are at that auction that don't know what car they are gonna bid on and how much they will give for it. Not many folks are gonna bid $40,000.00 or $50,000.00 + on a whim when a car they don't know rolls across the stage, so the hype while the car is sitting on stage doesn't make or break a sale. Yea, I know there are exceptions, and some folks just get carried away in the moment. But not very often.

That being said, I'll agree that the car was a bargain. There are cars that don't bring what they're worth and cars that bring more than they're worth at the auctions every year. Just part of why folks watch this stuff.
    Larry T

17. gonzo

gonzo

This has been posted online for weeks it was well known that this car was going up for sale.

44K is a lot of money for a "blue collar guy" but it would have cost many times that money to have had those guys build you that car and look at how much other stuff was going for. Money was not an issue in that room. Maybe the title "issue" was the problem.

18. big creep

big creep

what!!! thats all? thats cheap!!!!

19. I think it is ironic that Jessie was just on here within the last 90 days saying he would never part with that car.....

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I saw on TV last night-- He`s engaged to be married.

21. Larry T

Larry T

Yea, I found out a long time ago you can tell a lot more about a person by watching what they do instead of what they say, especially when they're not the same thing.
    I'm not just talking about JJ here.
    Larry T

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I've gotta admit - I'm extremely disappointed to see what the car brought . It deserved a MUCH higher price , considering it's build story and the stellar team involved . Someone got a killer car at a K-Mart price .

23. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I think Mr. James tainted that car.

24. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

It wasn't numbers matching and there was a scratch on the oil pan when going over the underneath camera.
    What a crock!!

25. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched the streaming coverage on the net. The announcers at the event (which you can't normally hear on TV) gave more detail and mentioned all the builders and which part of the build they contributed to.

26. beater32

beater32

Reckon there's at least 20k worth of filler in it alone!

27. big creep

big creep

yep!

28. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

29. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

What a sad way for a car built by legends only to wind up collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere.:(

30. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

All this talk cracks me up, who cares why he sold the car, who cares how much it sold for if you weren't there to bid on it. Lets face it, this car will end up in a collection and from time to time, it will appear for sale as thats what collectors do and we (the public) probably won't see the car that much anyways. The best thing, it will probably be preserved and hopefully show up at some major shows or in a musuem someday. The person who bought it got a great deal on a great car that will undoubtedly just be worth more and more as time goes by.
    People hate Jesse for the most ridiculous reasons, I respect him as a fabricator, welder, and a business man, none of which is easy and he made a ton doing it. I just hope that he is sitting in a small garage somewhere doing what he enjoys doing, and hopefully still building some kick ass shit. We are our own worst enemy in the hot rod community, bashing each other when we don't agree with something, everyone wants something but doesn't want to pay for it, smiles when they get a deal and hates it when anyone else does.
    I'm not sucking his dick or feeding an ego but, come on guys, really, who gives a shit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.