Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Here's my old 39 Willys sedan. Street driven 406 sbc, 500 hp 11.00@128 mph

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Divison 3 cars....

Attached Files:

3. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Awesome picture. Awesome car too!

4. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Great photos EVERYONE...! Really cool to see the ones that raced back in the 60's still surviving...!

Rocky

5. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Hey Kevin-

Whats the scoop on the Big John Mazmanian pick up?

6. Dave.....I have nothing, maybe someone will chime in.

7. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Kiwi Kev,

Thanks for the shots of the old Tequila Sunrise and well, thanks to all for the great pictures. I need to go take a cold shower and lay down now.

8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's a random article to throw into the mix.

my pictures 257.jpg

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Dave:

I don't know who owns it, but I'm pretty sure it was built by Don Waldron & crew at Rods West. I think the lettering was just a tribute to Big John. The most recent pics I've seen of the truck (from late 2010) had it lettered with Stevie's Speed Shop on the door, instead of the Big John lettering. It's a beautiful truck, but to me personally, the Big John lettering was a little too much. The Stevie's lettering gives it its own identity.
    WillysPU-RodsWest.jpg IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG IMG_2188.JPG IMG_2229.JPG

GlendoraFlashback-10.jpg

10. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Thanks Mark, great looking truck. It seems Don Waldron builds some great looking period correct Willys gassers! Think he did the Solo Willys also.

Couple sedans

Attached Files:

11. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

X2, I'd love to see the build photos of either one.

12. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

13. isaac's mouse

isaac's mouse
    from Omaha

WillysRule; i gotta tell ya, i love the pics of ron regiers coupe, awsume!!!!! the pics when it was yellow were taken at the sioux city,ia. airport track, the multi-colored pic was at cornhusker raceway park in omaha, the grasso@mills pic was taken at thunder valley in marion,sd. keep this stuff coming. thank you

14. !Michael!

!Michael!
    from Adelaide

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Begging to be saved. So we did!!![​IMG]

17. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Wanda-

Thanks for the picture of Big Johns B/GS Willys, I have been looking for pictures for some time and I have never seen that one.

Dave.

18. willysfan

willysfan

Dave

Thanks to you and Mark for the cool Willys thread. I had to join in with pics of my 38 Willys coupe that I've had since the late 80's. It was raced as Mighty Mouse (mostly in the Springfield, Ill area. Home track was Drag City in Springfield). The two as raced pics that I have were given to me by Bob Gibson (Thanks Bob). The car was street rodded in the early 70's and thats the way I got the car. I drove it a couple of years and took it apart. Got it back together with a lot of help from friends but it took about 12 years to get it to its present condition. If anybody has any more racing pics of Mighty Mouse I'd love to see them. Thanks

Dave

Attached Files:

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful car Dave.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your welcome Dave. I don't even remember where i got it from. You know what they say about memory being the first thing to go.:D

21. 1934coupe

1934coupe

My all steel 40 Willys coupe circa 1973. Drove it on the street when most people didn't even know what it was. At car shows it would be the only Willys there. The guy painting it is non other than Gerry Burger before he became a magazine mogul. He was a hot rodder. Last picture is the way it looks now, owned by Tom Goldman its a super gas drag car.

Pat

Attached Files:

22. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Jim Rhea's beautiful 41 Willys coupe circa 1971/72 before and after it was chopped. Jim is familiar with HAMB I did speak to a Hamber who knows him and he's still around. Don't know if he still has the car.

Pat

Attached Files:

23. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Glad someone said what I was thinking:D

Pat

24. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

Does anyone have any pics of a Willys Sedan that was running in Colorado in the early to mid 70's...Painted Stars and Stripes with the names of Corwin & Johnson then later Corwin & Short in Gold Leaf Lettering?? have been trying to find pics of it but no success....

25. biscaynes

biscaynes

x2!

26. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Pat:

Those pics of Jim Rhea's car are awesome. I've got the old Hot Rod article from March of 70, but I never knew it was chopped, nor have I ever seen any pics of it other than the Hot Rod article. Thanks for sharing those. Got any more? (lol)

The one photo on the bottom row that has a wave in it. Is that something you could re-scan, or is that how you got the picture?

Thanks again.

27. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Rescanned. I met Jim at the before the first street rod nats east at Rockville College in MD. A bunch of us were talking about Willys when Jim passes by and overhears us. He tells me he's got a Willys and I take a ride to his garage, he gave me 2 professional pictures of the car and I took the rest. We became friends and over time he intrduced me to his friend who had a 33 Willys and was building a race care out of it. I wound up buying the front end sheetmetal, rear fenders, and trunk lid.

Pat

Attached Files:

28. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

29. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

awesome pictures

30. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Cool story Pat. Amazing how Jim just happened to be walking by when you guys were talking about his car. I'd love to find out what happened to it. It was a beautiful car.