Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody record Barrett-Jackson on Tuesday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Jan 19, 2011.

1. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

When the cars go first they go cheap . In this case it should have sold friday .
    Good buy for someone.

3. I saw that one. I was actually surprised at the price. I would have thought it would go for a bit more. Still a really good deal though. Great car.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Your "fee" is a martini the next time our paths cross.:D

5. fuzzface

fuzzface

I thought the T should have brought more too.

a friend helped a guy out down there with his cars. the 67 Cad. convertable, he broke even on at $25,000 but the off topic trans am, he did good on. Sold for $19,500 and he paid $7,000 for it last summer.

6. Muttley

Muttley

I watch it every year but there are a few things I'm getting really tired of. I'm sick of seeing the bidders instead of the cars. Do they really think people watch it to see some doofus in a Hawaiian shirt blowing his kids inheritance? I'm tired of them referring to everything as being "custom". Theres a difference between being a "Custom" and being customized. I'm really sick of hearing stuff like "Next up we have a '67 Camaro two door Coupe"...........as opposed to what, one of those rare four door models?

7. Black Primer

Black Primer

The bidders assistant that screams scares my dog.

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

they show the bidders because the bidders wish to be seen. They will sit on their hands until time for live coverage, then they put their hands in the air.

It is really evident at the Mecum auctions. They usually don't have TV coverage until late afternoon. When the red light comes on, the entire atmosphere changes and the prices ratchet upwards significantly

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

HAMBer Pensive Scribe has made me a copy of the relevant piece from Tuesday's auction.
    Thanks very much, PS.

10. forty1

forty1

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Bingo!!!!! Almost everything two door is a coupe and I noticed this year they are calling all the early 70's vettes makos.:rolleyes: I used to enjoy watching BJ but anymore I'll flip channels because of that very reason, They need to focus more on the cars and trucks not the bidders and the other crap.

12. Terry

Terry

I think the whole thing will be on HULU

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

The '39 Ford Coupe that sold Thursday night for $28,000. is the deal of the auction so far IMO. The 58 Buick Wagon is the second best deal at around $40,000.:)

14. metalman

metalman

Like a lot of you I hate the BS that goes along with the program but I watch ever bit I can. I'm in the hot rod buisness and like it or not I feel BJ is a good indicator of the state of the nation, collector car wise. No reserve kinda gives you a good feel what the stuff is worth. Last year I noticed old trucks were becoming hot, still are watching this week, and guess what, 4 old trucks in my shop today being worked on or in line to get started. When a guy see a truck like his go across the block for 30g's it sure is a lot easier for me to get him to spend money on his! IMHO BJ is good for us that make a living with collector cars.
    Wish traditional Ford hot rods were bringing a little more!
    Think there was 3 guys with the "I got more money, your not out biddding me" attitude fighting over that late 50's Chevy PU last night. $147,000 or so, wow, lucky seller. I didn't see that in that truck.

15. haychrishay

haychrishay

And that surprises you ? if those guys can't look it up on the internet or in a book they're lost. As the old saying goes.....you can stand there and look stupid, or open your mouth and remove all doubt. This car was a steel !!!!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the link. Yesterday I was watching it and a guy (the owner) in a 30's Harley
    Davidson got a little nervous driving it on stage. Popped the clutch and drove it out of
    control right off of the stage. Lucky no body was hurt, now we can laugh about it.
    I felt sorry for the guy but at least he has a story to tell.

Happy Trails, Mick

17. henryj429

henryj429

Amy is still hot.

18. powellscooter

powellscooter

Best comment in this thread!

19. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

Mike Joy Know Nothing Of American Cars is an Understatement....And he does not like Hot Rods...He bad mouths the guys who make a steel car into a hot rod then turns around and puts down a hot rod if its fiberglass... The guy has little clue.... He did his best to put down anything he didn't know about, like HOT RODS, PRO STREETS ETC..... and even the HOT RODs are called RESTO MODS by him and the team of DOLTS....SPEED NEEDS A NEW CREW of American Gear Heads to lead up the commentator next year..... And is it me or did the camera men not film Miss Amy very often this year?...She such a Hot Babe....Too bad they dress here like her big mouthed husband Spanky...