Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers in Alaska.. / Good bye Texas.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kona Cruisers, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

wow ... thanks for all the support. now to just get some body to mail me a poster or two from the LSRU...

will deffinately look those guys up when i get there thakns for the info daveydeuce.

anybody who comes. send me a PM I'll buy ya a beer.

2. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I used to motocross at North Pole, they had a great track.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You driving or flying up? It for sure takes going to grow in this world today, good luck with the next career step.

4. You are more than welcome. Another old Rodder that has a bitchn Deuce 5W is Rod Russell, knows all the IMPORTANT people. give him a shout. Is a US GOVT DOT aircraft inspector, out of town a lot, travels around the world.
    Deptulas store is on Fairbanks between Fireweed and Northern Lights on the east side.
    You will be up there in time for the Fur Rondy Dog Sled races and parade, should have the Vette show at Alaska Sales.
    Jim Sibley is from AK, Kenai , Nikiski area.

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ahhh....Polar Raceway. Fond high school memories of that place. I'd go all summer and videotape the races on a honkin' huge "shoulder" video recorder. This was late 80's....Snelson was still racin'....
    I also still have a Polar Raceway T-shirt....
    Last trip up I was suprised (and a little sad) to see the new track and it's fancy paved entrance road and lack of potholes @ mid track....hahaha.....

6. Gimpapotamus

Gimpapotamus

Maybe this will solve the hot rod/snow issue for you... :)

Attached Files:

7. Quit coddling him, he'll be OK, he's a 6'5" former hockey player, he's going home! I've been watching him mope around for two weeks, can't wait to drop him at the airport Saturday. All kidding aside, Levi is a great guy, we became fast friends, like brothers. I hate to see ya go, but I am really gald you are on a good career path; we met when I was unemployed, I am lucky I scored a good job, (from a H.A.M.B contact no less!). You'll do fine, you have buddies up there, you won't be an orphan. You can get your old car fix right here. And after you get some experience under your belt, the recession will be passing, and you can choose your spot. Lots of folks here will give you a reference...

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yep, and if you get tired of freezing your ass off in Alaska there are a few Caddys here in Hawaii, and its just a tad bit warmer.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  9. Have a safe trip up and good luck with the new job. I have been up to the Alaska border once drove all the way from Cobble Hill , B.C. to Beaver Creek , Yukon to bring a friends father in law back from there . I can say it was one of the greatest trips of my life that country has a kind of beauty one has to see . Rob.

10. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

Hey, cool to see someone else making their way up here! I live in Willow but Im known to cause trouble in Anchorage from time to time. Look forward to seeing another HAMBer!

11. Hope the Alaska deal works out for you , Great looking country,,,,Sam

12. JimSibley

JimSibley

I grew up in Kenai. alaska is a CRAAZY place. it will be an adventure.

13. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Give a shout when you get here - I'm always up for some beers and hot-rod conversation.

14. aldixie

aldixie

Good luck Levi, have a safe trip. At least I'll have less competition in the Xmas sweater contest next year at Sam's. :)

15. Goodlife

Goodlife

Wish you the best of luck in this new chapter of your life. Went to Alaska last summer for an extended vacation, didn't see any hot rods, but hated to leave when the time came. It is truley a destination that should be on everyones "bucket list".
    Just remember that nearly 1/4 of all aviation accidents in the U.S. happen in Alaska, so be careful if you get in the air.
    Again, best wishes for you.

16. No cell phone coverage? Can't get through.

17. 21tat

21tat

Sounds like a great adventure. Have fun and good luck!

18. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

Good luck man hope it all works out for you

19. volksjunky

volksjunky

Im here in Anchorage, theres plenty of old cars and cool peeps floating around. Theres a car show of some sort pretty much every weekend up here in the summer. People spend a lot of time building in the winters, probably to keep from going insane.They take a lot of pride in their cars and enjoy the hell out of them all they can. Anyways theres always some guys drinkin' beer and talking shit at my place. look me up when you get settled.
    heres what Im working on.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550649

Carl

20. nexxussian

nexxussian

I thought my ears were burning. :)

I hope the trip went (is going?) well.

Yeah, Midnight Sun SRA is alive and well.

Plenty of cars around, car people too.

Snelsons are around, so are the LeMays.

Bonneville project is going better, I may actually have some visible progress to post on that.

21. DocsMachine

DocsMachine
    from Alaska

Semi-regular HAMB'er, full time car nut. I don't get up to Anchorage too often, but if you find yourself on the Peninsula or need some small machinework done, feel free to swing on by.

[​IMG]

(Not mine, but I really wish it was! :D )

www.docsmachine.com

Doc.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  22. rustymetal

rustymetal

wish you good luck on your new job
    one of my life long dreams to drive from nova scotia to alaska.
    might take you up on that beer someday later

23. nexxussian

nexxussian

Doc, is that from the show in Seward?

I missed it last year. :(