Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1950 Ford Carson Top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yaril, Mar 23, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Beautiful !! Gotta ask though what is the color, is it something off the shelf?

2. zomb1e

zomb1e

come on, spill the beans!

sweeeeet car, awsome thread!

3. That is lovely!

4. Yaril

Yaril

thanks everyone, i am counting the days till i have to finish it and be on the road. lots of little things and big things still to be done. im hoping i finish everything in time!

the color is just a color match of the actual leather im using in the interior. i took a swab of it they clear coated it and scanned it with their paint matching machine thing, so sorry not a color from a book.

5. Yaril

Yaril

we decided to put in some more late nights and get the car wet sanded and buffed.

[​IMG]

had 2 friends; Leo my painter and another friend Ron who is also a professional painter, going at it till midnight. they got all 3 steps done plus a coat of wax. hood and trunk next (which i already began to wet sand).

[​IMG]

the paint was nice before straight out of the gun, but now its almost mirror like to the look and to the touch.

[​IMG]

got the car back together enough for a test drive, so we hung a license plate in the trunk and hit the road! some city driving then we jumped on the highway to check for vibrations at higher speeds. what a blast!!! i felt i could have just kept driving all night long but a rain cloud was hoovering over.

[​IMG]

interior work tomorrow.

6. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

7. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

8. smarg

smarg

Geezz, looks like its dripping wet.

Nice!

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

WOW!!! just freakin' gorgeous!!!!

10. U-235

U-235

Okay....this is a great build and a fantastic looking shoebox...I love it.....however with all the details and photos no where do I see how you decked thje trunk....! I'm most curious as I have a need to do mine....

11. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome!! See you in LA Yaril!!

12. Wardog

Wardog

I've been checking for updates every day! Now i've had my fix I can go back to dreaming about owning it one day!!

13. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

14. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Man that nice!

15. Tin Can

Tin Can

ery nice build. The car is coming out amazing!

16. Yaril, So happy for you.:) A trip out west has gotta be like a dream come true. Been following this thread since the beginning. After seeing the car in the flesh, at the Turkey Rod Run, just knew it was going to turn out killer. Would have been awesome to showcase it at our upcoming Groundhog Gala, (www.groundhoggala.com) but sounds like you are headed to the right place. :cool:Thanks for sharing all your relentless hard work and incredible craftsmanship. Hope you have a safe trip, it will be quite the adventure. Keep us posted.
    JT
    Misfires C.C.
    Orlando, FLA

17. damn nice ride...great work...diggin' it

18. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Great job! Seems like so many custom guys have to farm out every thing, it's really something to have done so much yourself.

19. lgh1157

lgh1157

Im all over Yarils jock, he deserves it, . . . . . . this car is badd asssssssss.

One of my favorite builders online

L

20. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Not only has he done a fine job on this shoebox, but look at some of the other fantastic builds he has done.
    Just given him credit, when credit is due!

21. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

so happy for you man, its been a long time coming!!

22. kolor me kustom

kolor me kustom
    from Dallas, GA

nice very nice .......that color looks great on that car.

23. bstie

bstie

Keep going Yaril - your work and the fact that you post it here for all to see, enjoy and learn from is all that matters!

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, that car is looking good. Concerning the engine choice it's a custom so it should never be seen in public with the hood open anyhow so what engine it has isn't a big deal as long as it doesn't leave him stranded on the side of the road. Plus why do guys constantly expect a car builder to spend several thousand dollars on a "correct" engine just to please them.

25. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

looking soo good man! Keep up the good work my brother! BIG PROPS TO YA!!!!!

26. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

I kinda like that diamond tuck though . . .

27. Yaril

Yaril

i just sent layinlow38 a friend request.

thanks everyone!!! i think even though i might not have met half everyone on this thread, most can tell im a put your head down and work kind of guy. i love to share my work with everyone because it helps others, it helps me and i just plain love this hobby. i dont build to impress anyone, not even myself. i build cause i love doing it, even if nobody was looking i would still be doing what im doing. im lucky to have a good friend who also loves what he does, paint cars and cousins that love what they do, interiors. i try and only surround myself with positive people and people that are passionate about what they do.

so luck was on my side today. got up about 6.30 am and was at my cousin's interior shop by 7ish just in time to put the car inside before the rain.

here is Gabie working on my carpet, i just did whatever i could to make his job easier.

[​IMG]

his dad Sergio stitching up the white outline, there is something about a family run business especially when they all love what they do that i like. its much easier to deal with knowing they care, doesnt hurt that im somehow related.

[​IMG]

we got the complete carpet from front all the way to the trunk done. yes even under the back seat there is carpet.

[​IMG]

the neat part about today was sitting down for lunch, we pull out a table and 5 chairs and we all had pork sandwiches made on Cuban toast. after Sergio (the dad) made colada (espresso), its just a nice pace they got going there.

so then we test fit all the panels i made for the doors, trunk, firewall, package tray ext and we played around with some padding on the top. by then it was 5 pm and the sky just cleared for me to drive home. as soon as i arrive and show the car off the sky is darkening so i put it away and sure enough, rain. its still raining.

more soon.

28. F&J

F&J

Wow, this just keeps getting better. Awesome.

Remebering when it was just found and being saved...now look at it!

29. smashin54

smashin54
    from Miami,FL

wow man you really do dome fine work...really like the direction you went with this car...congrats on making it in the show!

30. mirrors

mirrors
    from old tooly

Looks good man