Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cleaning off with no water....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom Chief, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

So I got my new ranchero delivered on Thursday night. From the trip it is covered in road grime and salt. I don't have access to a hose, as everything is shut off for the winter. Anyone have any recommendations on getting this shit off the car?

Is there something that I can spray and wipe it off?

Thanks

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

There are spray bottle cleaners, but I think that's asking for trouble on a car that's really dirty. If you don't have buckets and access to water I would just leave it dirty until you do have water.

3. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

warm soapy water in one of those pump garden sprayers

4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

If you have an air compressor and a portable sandblaster siphon unit, fill it with water instead of sand and spray off dirt, etc. Better yet, use the sand blaster and siphon water out of a 5 gallon plastic pail. You could use a pressure washer but that requires a water hose.

5. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Go to the car wash.....you need to be worried more about whats under the car than on it.......

6. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Wipe it down with some snow....

7. BIGJERR

BIGJERR
    from IOWA

Go to one of those "They do it all" car washes.......For $20 it gets washed,vac out and towel & blown dry............jerr

8. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

The car was on a trailer so it wasn't driven. It just has a film on it. I guess a nice snow wash and a rag dry will do most of it. I will make a go for it.

Larry

9. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

There's grit in the film, and I think rubbing with snow will still potentially scratch the finish. Gently Flowing soapy water is the first step on paint, and my reading glasses. Rubbing with anything comes later.

10. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

you are worried about the car being dirty.......so taking a rag and scratching the shit out of the paint when you smear around the road grime is better......

11. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

:confused:How much trouble is it to turn the water hose back on for a quick wash job?
    Should be easier than all, of this other stuff. If you cant turn the outside water on, hook it up to your washing machine connection, you can even get hot water that way! :D

12. dudley32

dudley32

Drive with Grime...I think that will eventually become patina...d32

:D :D

13. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

It isn't my house....I rent the garage. I took care of it.