Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects bilding a motor inside your house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brendog67rat, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Thats my old man and his mate with his 502 i think it is also built a 454 and a 350 in that spare room.

weve built a 305 in the conservatory and a few lambretta's i rebuilt the motor in my lambretta on the floor of the dinning room

2. my 1954 331 hemi

Attached Files:

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Back in 1971 I built a 283 for my '55 Chevy gasser in my dad's old chicken coop. The chickens were long gone, and we put a wood floor in it first to make it more user friendly. When I got it done we wheeled it out on a wooden dolly and under the A frame engine hoist to drop it in the old '55!

4. j32

j32

When I was 16 I built my first bb chevy in my parents basement. Remember calling a bunch of guys to carry it up 10 stairs to get it outside,
    ahhhh the good old days.....then I dropped it into my 66 chevelle SS.... not bad for the first rebuild,had the dist. 180 out but other than that it
    ran good!

5. I got caught washing newly bead blasted Indian Chief parts in the dishwasher.
    Cascade works ready good to clean up the parts before assembly.
    Wife daughter and neighbour came in and saw the dirty dishes on the counter and when they looked in the dishwasher my daughter commented that you can't leave dad home alone, I think she was about 10 at the time.

6. Russian

Russian

I had rebuild 4 banger engine at my home and i live on the 3rd floor
    it was fun to look at neighbors faces when me and my friend was getting it down stairs :D

Attached Files:

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Been there. Mine was a 440 mopar in my parents basement, nearly broke all the wooden stairs getting it out. It turned out to be one of the best engines I built. Installed it in a 65 plymouth sattelite with a hemi 4 speed.
    What a blast.

8. rambler racer

rambler racer

i got my ass chewed out for washing hub caps and trim pieces in the dishwasher by my mom back when i 14 but it works so good

9. jpm49c

jpm49c

Well here is a picture of that bedroom in 1966. Yes! a Chevy Corvette Injection unit! Wish i still had it! I AM posting this as i sit in the SAME room in the picture. 45 years later but now it is filled with car magazines and the engines are in the garage! John

My profile with the 1957 Chevy picture is also the same house with that engine in it.

Attached Files:

10. Pulled a week of guard duty in 1972. Rebuilt my VW Bus' 1600 Dual Port on a table in the guard shack. The two dudes on the other shifts weren't too happy about it.

11. cooger

cooger

when I was in college a guy built a hemi--on the second floor of the dorm. Definitely cool until they discovered the steps were only about 3' wide going down with multiple switchbacks and turns. No elevators. Only took about 10 guys 4 hours to finally get it on the ground.
    cooger

12. right now I'm building a 1947 el in my office

13. jamn47

jamn47

1989 I built a 472 Ford for my buddies 68 Torino CJ after he blew the 428CJ. I put it together as a short block inside my Barracks room at Minot AFB North Dakota. I use to hide it in my locker during room inspections covered in a hefty bag. We then carried it out by hand during a snow storm and dropped it in the engine bay. We were young and drunk! We installed the heads one at a time by clocking the engine on each mount at a time using a bottle jack. I would tourque one head and then lower it onto that side engine mount. Then I would pin that mount unpin the other one and jack that side of the engine up. All this cause we couldn't hide an engine hoist in the barracks.

14. Terrible1g60

Terrible1g60

When I was 16 teen I built an aircooled engine for my 66 bug in my bedroom.
    Me and a freind had to carry it down stairs from the second story.
    I can't belive my mom let me do it

15. nali

nali

It s cold in the garage and there s not a lot of place . Already a car inside .
    So I just took this beast inside yesterday .
    Moving 190 lbs of cast iron alone in the stairs is a unique experience :)

[​IMG]

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Parts in the dishwasher, Harley in the livingroom. Wheels in the bedroom.

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

If model airplane engines count then I'm in :p

18. havent yet.. nor will i more than likely.. the GF would let me do it just to bitch at me for days.. and no nookie. a used easy up and a small heater work wonders.. for under $300.....

19. cavemag

cavemag

That sounds like something that my friends and me would've done. Anyways I haven't built anything in the house yet. I have a feeling a bike will be sitting in the frontroom one of these days.

20. 64cheb

64cheb

In 1991 my father built a 1973 Harley FLH Full Dresser in his Condo. Rolling chassis in the living room, on a coffee table, Built 80" in the shitter on a stand. There was a box of parts in the kitchen getting washed. And chrome all over. Someday I will build an engine in a house.

21. jpm49c

jpm49c

We put the engine on an old wooden skateboard and rolled down the hall and thru the living room. Only one nick in the wall when it slipped. John