Register now to get rid of these ads!

American graffiti 3 the prequel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 8, 2011.

1. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

It would be cool if Hollywood wouldn't mess it up. I'm sure race scenes would be CG and they would shift like a thousand times in a block. No thanks.

2. I guess we could wait.

3. NeverEnuf

NeverEnuf
    from Louisiana

Maybe Ray's garage did taxi cab repairs......

4. Racrdad

Racrdad

Excellent Point! Now if somebody here just knows how to get ahold of George and let hime know.

5. sport fury

sport fury

that a good idea, i like it

6. Mac_55

Mac_55

LOL , THanks , just dont tell my wife:D

7. NeverEnuf

NeverEnuf
    from Louisiana

George Lucas Films .Com....

And hey What about the Hollywood Knights.... The new pladeges did they all survive? We were left hanging.

8. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I don't know if she would do it unless she would play Milner :rolleyes:

9. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

I think a sequel outta be made about the next generation of rodders including the Grit's Coupe as the main car. With me playing Milner's grandson, ya know.

"I'm ready for my close up Mr. Lucas!"

10. gsp392

gsp392

As temping as the idea sounds. I hope no one with the money to do it actually would. The average actor in Hellywood today is a total dousche bag scum, having said that, it's hard to pick bigger ones than Richrad Dryfuss and Harrison Ford.

11. studeboy

studeboy

Unless the movie was GOD AWFUL bad I would probably give George the price of 2 theater tickets and the blu-ray.

I totally agree with Gasserlouie, Maybe a boxset rerelease of AG and More AG before the theater release (like they did with Star Wars) could bring thousands of fans out of the woodwork making the movie a box office hit. Just sayin'.

12. sport fury

sport fury

it was rereleased in 1978 after some of the outtakes where put back in the movie. that is the year when i saw it at the theater.

13. 1956Ford

1956Ford

14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

AG 2 sucked so bad both story and actors,just for get it,it never was! and make a real AG 2 under new name,plus .o1 as well;)

15. TJratz

TJratz

bump for the night crew

16. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

Lucas fucked up Star Wars making episodes 1-3 for his kid Jet, instead of for himself. He'd fuck this up just as bad.

17. Uhhh, no. Milner painted the car yellow so everyone would KNOW it was him. When someone told him everybody thought it looked like piss, he said "Yeah? Well, fuck 'em.".

And I'm SURE George Lucas has the whole backstory, and it's good.

18. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Quentin Tarantino would need to do it then

19. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

For those that didn't click the link, it would seem that the idea for a remake is already in the pipeline. That's remake, not prequel or sequel (cause I actually do like the idea of continuing the story, but don't screw with the original!!!) Here's the opening lines from the above link:

"Well so far it’s been cooler talk, but the cooler talk is becoming a possible reality for Shia Labeouf. Apparently the Transformer star will be taking over the role of Harrison Ford in the remake of the classic film “American Graffiti,” by director George Lucas."

Somebody shoot me.... Oh, and ya'll know that "golden voice" homeless guy that's been all over the news in the last week? Well, I heard him say on one of his 10,000 interviews this week that he had been approached about playing the Wolfman part in a remake. Found mention of it in this article:
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/golden-vo...d-fame-i-feel-like-i-just-hit-a-lottery/53525

20. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ha ha ha! I thought the samething when I saw the pic.

21. Greezeball

Greezeball

Prequel yes. Remake? Please god no! Shia Labeouf as Falfa! Give me a fuckin' break he dosen't look near tough enough. Might as well get McCauly Caulkin to play Milner and while yer at it have a drag queen do Candy Clarks part.
    Now for a prequel Shia might pull off a young Falfa. A prequel could be cool it could start with the wreck of whosits 40 and go from there. Could have a ton of customs cruising too. This movie would probably be easier to do now than when Lucas did the first cause by then this type of car (custom and hot rod) had faded and muscle cars were the big deal. Now there's been 20 years + of revival of this era of car.
    Holy cow that ended up being long winded.

22. Greezeball

Greezeball

Maybe Ray's maintained the local taxi fleet and had yellow in stock that was free to John or he lost a bet or let his little sister pick the color.

23. Greezeball

Greezeball

Oh this could work.

24. Prequel? Just a few words - Star Wars I, Star Wars II, and Star Wars III. 'Nuff said - NO prequel.

Most prequels do little more than capitalize on previous successes of the namesake movies, as do most remakes. True Grit II? I don't think so. Sorry I like Jeff Bridges but he ain't the Duke.

The producers overdo what was a good thing by trying to improve it but usually hack the job with poor quality results.

IMO, leave well enough alone. But if somebody wants to make a new hotrod movie, get original. There are so many car related memories from people who lived in the 50s/early 60s (a lot of HAMBers, for sure!) that it shouldn't be difficult to find material for a new movie - one that hopefully is as good as AG.

But please - no JarJarBinks!:eek:

25. customcory

customcory

This country is at the bottom of the barrel for inspiration and imagination if all it can do is remake old movies. :D

26. sport fury

sport fury

i never though my thread would ever get this big. the responces have quite the range in approval for the idea of a prequel. american graffiti was inspired by car culture and also american graffiti inspired car culture to continue. the movie and milner were a huge influences on cruising and car culture for me and my friends in the late 70's early 80's. i have always wanted to see the story of milner and other charactors protrayed in the 50's.

27. Rem

Rem

You got my vote.

28. First of all ...IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!
    Second of all .....get over yourself, I bet your a hoot to party with.
    And Finally AG was a great flick ....but unless your ideas for a new movie has over the top computor anamation with 7 ' blue people and no new story line Hollywood won,t make it!!!! Hollywood doesnt believe there is money in story's anymore ,only shock and awe and such is the reason for the crazy amount of 3D movies. SO until Hollywood gets back to making movies with a story, dreamers with perhaps good ideas are SOL.

29. beauishere

beauishere

Read the link about Shia Labeouf in a possible reprise of "the role of Bob Falfa, as he resembles Ford in his prime". On what planet does that short little guy resemble Harrison Ford? In his prime or even on his worse day?

A remake would be a mistake. But not a shock. My two favorite films? American Graffiti and True Grit. They already did one, the other shoe should drop soon enough.

**Spoiler Alert**
    The new True Grit wasn't horrible, but it was so similar to the original film that it could be classified as unnecessary. Does the inclusion of the one armed girl improve the story or warrant an entire new film. I say no. It was like watching a Saturday Night Live parody of it with no humor.

Make more hot rod films, just leave American Graffiti alone. Please.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Maybe you can show how Milners trades in his desoto for the 32 Ford from the dude in the big rocking chair....or how the wino lost his wife, her name wasn't Ide and it wasn't in a flood.