Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sorry we won't be seeing you Robert. Maybe you can call in sick.:D How about you F-Bombs and Degenerators? This will be a great opportunity for visiting and meeting new folks too.

2. Dave7

Dave7
    from Canada

3. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Looking forward to meeting Denise.
    A Saturday at CMC with Ted and Tom is of definite interest to any HAMB'r.
    With the little shindig planned it is sure to be fun for all.

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Im looking forward to meeting denise too...sounds like a fun day..i hope the weather is good..i'll be riding the harley.

5. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I think we're gonna try and make this thing.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

That great, we are looking forward to a great time!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:( That bums me out. Perhaps you can get away for just a short time? If not I guess we'll cross paths at the HAMB Drags right??

I'm glad someone brought this up as I had seen the place online and was waiting for someone to mention whether it was worth a visit or not. I'll head there on that Monday.

Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Same here bud.

Great, see ya there!

and as far as the weather it looks like it's going to be 69 and sunny on Saturday and 72 and sunny for Busch Gardens on Sunday! :cool:

8. If anybody want to make an entire day of it, some of us will be having breakfast at a little place in Hudson... We meet in the parking lot around 8:30 and sit down at 9:00 am.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rams-horn-family-restaurant-the-hudson

We like to give them a days notice for setting up a big table, so if anybody is interested, PM me or email [email protected] me that you are planning on coming.

They have good prices and REALLY good ham steak.... Haaaaaaammmmm!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE it when a plan comes together. Ok, put me down for 2 peeps. Looks like my girlfriend Holly is coming as well as she has enough miles for a free flight. She's kinda a car girl as she's been my friend for 25 years.:D Anyway, I think what we'll do is after we have dinner on Friday at that Italian place with you we'll head north to Hudson and find a inexpensive mom and pop place there to sleep. We'll have breakie with everyone Saturday morning then we've got plans with Vic Piano in Odessa at 10am. We'll then meet you guys over at Ted's place after. Talk about a FULL day!:eek:

Does any place in Tampa/Clearwater/St Petes offer discount tickets for Busch Gardens? Does anyone want to join us girls there on Sunday?:D

10. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

You're not bringing Megan?? I had all the train crossings marked out on a map and the train schedules!!

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG! That is too funny! Nope, she's not coming but my longtime friend Holly is. She likes old cars but is not really hardcore. She does party harder then I do though. You guys will enjoy her company. She does know the differance between at rat rod, a traditional styled hot rod or customer and a muscle car and can talk intelligently regarding scallops, flames, pinstripings, shaving, lowering, sectioning and channeling. :cool:

12. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Sounds pretty hardcore to me Denise. See you at breakfast, the food is great, you won't be disappointed.

13. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

This is going to be a really fun day, and I look forward to meeting the legend that is Denise in person!

14. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Just made our Friday night motel reservation at the Rodeway Inn on US 19 in Port Richey so I guess we're coming. Stayed there about a year ago and it wasn't too bad. So Big Mike, add two more to the Saturday morning breakfast count. Not sure what there is for Friday night happenings. I'll stay tuned for any thing that develops. On the way over Friday morning we will be stopping at the Florida Flywheelers show and swap meet near Fort Meade in the middle of the state. Sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend - now if will just be a little warm.

Lee

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  15. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

F-Bombs will be there. I'm gonna invite some of our Clearwater friends, if that's okay. They're HAMB'ers too. Something tells me they'ed be delighted to make the attendence. Looking foward to it! Thanks for the heads up Glen.

16. The more the merrier... so John, add 2 to our breakfast reservation with Ram's.

17. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Hey Big Mike, 4t64rd ,those decal/shop logos that you made for Chad are fuckin' TITS bro! Really nice work. You've always had a great eye for style.

18. Thanks mon frere'

19. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I second the Biff Burger deal. That's right around the corner from where my Dad lived. Friday night is the car show night.
    http://www.biffburgers.com/Events.htm
    Another thing I never miss is a Coney Dog from Coney Island, 250 9th St. N. (MLK). It is run by the son of the original owner. (Pete). It's been at that location and pretty much unchanged since '26. Looking out the front door you look down to Mirror LK and where my Dad went to school. Coney Island was a regular stop for the kids and adult back then.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/04/Floridian/The_frank_approach.shtml
    I have some personal stories from this place.

20. Jman1976

Jman1976

Hey,
    Dallas told us clrearwater hambers about the party and if it's cool we would like to ride out.

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Absolutely! Come on out and bring your friends. See ya' there.

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

YES!
    Spread the word PLEASE :D

We look foreward to a great time !

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

Don't miss the BIG Party we have planned for this Saturday!

24. If anybody is coming up for breakfast from Pinellas, it's a nice realxing drive up US 19 to about Tampa Road, or Keystone, cut over to McMullen-Booth, go North and then take the right fork at Trinity and come up Little Road up to Ram's. Then, after breakfast, just head back South to 52 and Go east until you see the light at the Neon Cowboy/Bellamy Brothers Road and make a left... it's the second (officially maked with a sign) street on the right.

If you are coming from anywere but Pinellas, take I-75 to SR 52, head west maybe a mile, take a right at the light at Bellamy Brothers Road (The Neon Cowboy should have dozens of motorcycles in front by noon Saturday)... it's the second (officially maked with a sign) street on the right.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hope to join in at Teds. Is there anything yet for Friday eve decided? Gary

26. Jman1976

Jman1976

I think some of us Clearwater folks will be at biffs on Friday.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bliff's sounds good. Will try to stop. What are the normal times everyone hangs out till??

28. They start showing up around 6 and go until 10... Thats when the local elbow benders start getting loud and beligerent.

You can also eat there at Biff's...

29. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Looks like it will be Biff's for us too on Friday night. We will likely cut out a little early to head north to our motel based on overnight temp forecast in the 40's - please don't tell my wife that.

Lee

30. AHotRod

AHotRod

This is gonna be so much fun.... :)