Register now to get rid of these ads!

There's An App For That

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hit the top right note pad thingy to start a thread. Hit insert to post a pic.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Ryan:

Excellent work on the app!! This definitely has become my most used app already.

Are there any future plans for you to do the same for your other forums? Or is the TJJ-HAMB going to be the only app we'll see from you for a while? Not that I'm complaining. :D

3. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

The top right "thingy" on my screen is a rectangle with an arrow jumping out of it. When I hit this it gives me only three choices: 1) Refresh 2) Subscribe 3) Cancel.

Refresh does just that, subscribe gives me a message "Security error, you may not have permission to access".

Any other suggestions? Frustrating!

4. Go to the main screen. If you do it while looking at a thread, it won't let you start a new thread in that screen.

It will give you a new topic button.

5. Well, crap...now how am I supposed to get anything done? :).

Awesome deal for two bucks.

6. Deadbird

Deadbird

The app looks killer from where I'm sitting, but here's another vote for the DROID! Please!!!!!

7. Make sure you've logged in first!

8. BStoltz

BStoltz

Bought the app and it's quite awesome...... However the link at the bottom of ryans post is missing the correct comments link. It says technorati or something like that and then redirects you to a web page.... So I ended up posting this from safari. Still an awesome app though. Thanks Ryan !

9. oughta work just fine

10. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Trying it on my Evo when I get home.

11. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

12. jodell

jodell
    from Irvine, CA

Nice job Ryan!
    A native iPad version would be nice once the mythical iPad2 is released with a camera. This version is great with my iPhone.

I will be on the lookout for bugs and report them as I find them.
    Jeff

13. Greezeball

Greezeball

Hey I didn't get the TJJ one with the slick icon I just got the generic Tapadoodlethingamabob! :( now I gotta pay for two :p

14. Greezeball

Greezeball

Does work nice ...super speedy

15. Greezeball

Greezeball

Just call me sucker I got both TJJ & Tapatalk oh well a cup o starbucks cost more

16. Greezeball

Greezeball

One curiosity emoticons show on tapatalk. On TJJ just as typed :rolleyes:

17. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

It is way too cheap ryan, you should double the price :)

18. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

What about us Blackberry users?

Its a cool idea for when your stuck somewhere, bored, on the crapper at work (or home), or if your waiting on Household-6 (wife or sig. other). Application for the rest of us would be great. I would help with the Blackberry side

19. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Good morning ... someone may have already helped you on this?

If you open the AP and go to the HAMB area (where the first line is always "New to the HAMB") on the top bar you should see BACK on the left and a box with the arrow shooting right on the right. Click the one on the right to get REFRESH NEW TOPIC SUBSCRIBE that is where you can start you new thread.

While in a thread and you want to reply you can click that same right side icon for REFRESH REPLY SUBSCRIBE

If you want to quote a reply from another post you just tap the post you want to quote and a little blue quote button will come up. If it is your own post an edit will also appear.

If you want to insert a photo in your post just click REPLY, once you do it will bring up the keypad and at the top you will see INSERT ... this will allow you to snap a photo using the camera or posting one already in your phone, it also gives the option of MAP that will (assume) post a snapshot of the area you are currently in. When you have finished your post ...click SEND. All done.

Another good note would be the toolbar on the bottom of the screen when you bring up the AP ....HOME HAMB LATEST etc ... go to More to set up how you want the forum to act, your signature etc ..... Hope this helps. I will also respond on PM in case you do not come back here.

20. Paul Y

Paul Y

I am now the proud owner of a nice new shiny App! Gave it a quick spin and it is very fast and no bugs or glitches that I can see so far.

Not bad for a first timer......

P.

21. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I have a palm pre. I can pull up the website like I am on-line but somehow I managed to delete all of my subscriptions and PM's while using it. I guess the new phone will be the iphone so I can play too.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

But, Apple still keeps 30percent of the charge of the App.

23. Just done it - seems to work fine

24. Weasel

Weasel

Word - I'm all Mac and never looked back.

Is this a conspiracy between Ryan and Steve Jobs to sell another 100,000 iPhones?

BTW how's the Tandy Trash 80 running nowadays Janet?;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  25. Herdez

Herdez

You have the best classic hot rod site ever! I dont have a Iphone but makes me wish I did. Your blog never quits except for weekends lol! Makes me always wonder what you'll have in store on Mondays. Great add on!

26. Tapatalk produce the software for all sorts of smartphones. It's available as freeware. I'm running it on my Blackberry with no problems - doesn't look as nice as the paid for iPhone app but still works.

I'd certainly be happy to pay a couple of bucks for a HAMB-optimised for Blackberry.

27. skyrodder

skyrodder

The only app I have ever paid for

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

28. TMoney

TMoney

boooooooo

29. 21tat

21tat

I'm in! This will be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.