Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official iPhone App picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xmlc216x, Jan 5, 2011.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Understood. And respectfully I am actually a lighting designer, so I do know a fair amount about lighting. Honestly, that is why the low light level limitations of the camera are particularly disappointing. I want to shoot a photo using the real light of spaces, not rely on overlighting or added light to make it look good.

If I want to take really good photos, then yes a real camera is expected as well as real photo setting up and prepping, etc. But, that is not what I am after here. I just expect an iphone that has one of the best camera phone cameras, not one of the worst.

Since at this point in my life I have no choice about having my phone with me all the time, I would really love to not have to lug my camera around with me all the time too in case I need to shoot a halfway decent photo when for the cost of the iphone, I think it isn't too much to ask for one of the better phone cameras that are available.

Sorry to get off subject on this. I really just am hoping Apple would just step up with the cameras. Obviously it isn't any of our faults here and probably not the place to bitch about it either. I'll rest my case on this and keeping hoping for a good upgrade.

2. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Thanks! Would you mind posting up a bigger pic of the Buick so I can see the difference?

4. 76cam

76cam

Man thats cool but some of you need to clean the little lens with youre shirt first lol...

5. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

[​IMG]

About as big as it gets without cutting off the pic

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

:) That is exactly what I am talking about. Maybe the iphone 5 should just come with a built in miniature wiper. :D I think Fisher Price offers better kids cameras than these things.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Don't forget to rate it and leave a comment on itunes!

8. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Here's mine, and now I get automatic spell check too!!! Bonus!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Just "shot" the rear splash apron and hood brace for my shoebox.

[​IMG]

10. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That looks better, but it is high light level image too as oppose to the '49 which is a lower light level. So, not quite apples to apples. And that image isn't exactly impressing me either considering it is a bright day shot. If you use the brightness feature to adjust better for the darker areas, you can probably improve that a bit too. But regardless, doesn't look that much better than what I can generally do with my 3. Maybe I still need to wait and see what the next generation can do. At some point they might get good enough for what I need even if they are still way behind the curve.

11. Crankhole

Crankhole

12. Crankhole

Crankhole

Workin now. Thanks Ryan.

13. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I had just got the phone at that point too, i just pointed and shot

14. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

[​IMG]
    From Hunnert, shot with iPhone 4

15. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

According to this

http://www.macworld.com/article/152314/2010/06/iphonecameratests.html

The I-phone has a better low light capability than the phones with more pixels

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  16. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

My 4 does pretty good in low light conditions
    [​IMG]

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I see the future....and it is good. It also includes a ton more bandwidth but that's another matter all together.

18. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

[​IMG]

Low light with an iPhone 4

19. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Yeah I usually upload to photobucket through my iphone and then copy the links into a thread.... this is much faster, but will eat up bandwidth for sure.

20. thesupersized

thesupersized

This is pretty sweet. HAMB to go!

[​IMG]

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I've taken a ton if pics with all the different iPhones. the camera is fine in low light. I prefer to not use the flash as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a lot of different lighting situations and I find it fine. And those are just ones still on my phone.

I see a lot from other phones and they really don't seem any better.

22. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Hurry up Verizon, I NEED an iPhone now!

What would really be cool is if someone starts a thread before they go to a big show (i.e. GNRS, Autoramas, GG, etc) and people post pics with their iPhones while they are there. Can't get anymore on demand than that!

I won't whine to you Ryan for a Blackberry app, I will whine to Verizon to hurry up already!

23. Testing testing!

[​IMG]

24. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

Finally got it to download, had to reboot my phone, but hey, it's working now!!![​IMG]

I filled the cooling system and took my don for a ride last weekend, looks like it was overfilled, the engine temp was 180

25. Gator

Gator

[​IMG]

New bumper on my shoebox, installed last night.

26. Skidmore

Skidmore
    from San Marcos

[​IMG]
    View from my office.

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Thanks for this, good actual comparison info. It does say basically that the 4 is pretty good and that it is better than the 3 and basically the 3 sucks as compared to the others they used. And sounds like Apple is at least trying to get better low light level results if you believe their marketing BS mumbo jumbo.

However, I'm still not sure I am that I'm impressed enough with any of the 4 shots I see here so far to upgrade and give AT&T another 2 years. Some of the 4's do look better than what I seem to be able to pull out of my 3. But, maybe I'll wait until they are even better and will just have to deal with carrying my digital camera for the times I think I will have a need for upgraded shots and just wing it and live with the rest. Can't quite shelve the digital point and shoot yet, but hopefully before too long.

Of course for the really good stuff, I'll continue use a real camera like my wife's digital SLR or just let some pros do it with their high end stuff and know how.

28. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

[​IMG]

OMG! I love this APP! Thanx Ryan! This is well worth the 2$!