Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dare to be different, really dare.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Mar 8, 2007.

1. smarg

smarg

That will be very "unique"....

2. RodStRace

RodStRace

Chrisp, your home page still shows the DS and that you visited yesterday. Sure hope it's still under your care and you can provide an update.

3. chrisp

chrisp

I'm currently buying a home so the car is on the back burner for some times. But I'm still collecting parts for my other projects...

4. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

I worked for a foriegn car dealer back in the early 70s and we sold those. I loved driving those around and lifting one wheel at time off the road. Great engineering. I still want one.

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I understand that this car has been on the back burner for some time, but it's such a good project that I hope it can be re-started. Any news?

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Bump. Anything happening?

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

another bump...update us Chris !

8. chrisp

chrisp

Sorry, nothing's hapening the car is 200 miles from where I live now and the priority is my house. On a good note: I never give up, there's a car I started 20 years ago I still work on it from time to time...

9. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I was hoping someone would post this pic. I hadn't seen it in a long time. This is my favorite non American Hot Rod
    Your '72 is Bitchin'. That's a PLASTIC roof???

10. That's a shame Chrisp, just saw this thread for the first time and although not what I would normally expect shows why I love the HAMB. You never know what you will see and as long as you have an open mind, can see different cars to admire and appreciate. Would love to see it coming along futher.

BTW, I don't give a shit that its French.

11. chrisp

chrisp

Yes the roof was fiberglass, the early versions had a lighter shade of fiberglass and came unpainted from the factory which would let a soft light shine through and in the interior when in the sun.

Me too:D

12. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Sweet! Was wondering why more pople aint building customs out of these cars! Keep it up!

13. 62rebel

62rebel

Citroens didn't do well with the average American driver; support network was too spread out and spotty at best, and once problems arose, they got junked pretty quickly. damn shame, actually; gearheads OUGHT to LOVE the dayesse (DS) for all the unique shit in them. pretty neat that for a while they used Maserati engines... although the stock DS is no SLUG. they haul ass deceptively well.

14. budrow

budrow

Simply a fregen amazing build!!! Don't stop. Get it done. Post more pics.

15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No DS was ever sold to the public with the Maser V-6. That was only available with the SM. There were a few DS factory test mules with that engine.

16. that was one bucket o rust there... thats neat! I love the swing up fenders..

17. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

So very awsome.

18. TubularGoose

TubularGoose

Hmmmmmm! I like it! No l hate it...... No like it! Hahaha good work man

19. hasty

hasty

Nice work, and a pleasant change from the usual. Hope you get back to it soon - would love to see the finished car. I owned a Citroen once. Not a happy story.

20. chrisp

chrisp

The DS and SM are real bitches mechanically speaking, if one doesn't know them, don't touch them. I don't know anything about the CX and the XM was an electronic nightmare... On the other hand you get the 2CV and all cheap Citroens that are bullet proof, not rust proof though.

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ There has to be a ton of work on that, but i think its all wrong. sorry.^^^

23. chrisp

chrisp

X38 I'll find a way to finish it, it's sure. I just don't know when.
    Are you the one who told me what the grille was for the 3W, I remember a group of 3 Aussies?

That '64 ID lost it's soul to me, everything that makes the ID/DS personna was thrown away, the FWD, the hydro, the Steering, those mile deep seats.

24. Yes that was us.

25. citroen have always been interesting cars. yours looks like it's going to be a winner. just my two cents-when starting a thread it might be better not to start it out giving s--t to anyone who might not like it. you're just setting yourself up to get slammed.

26. chrisp

chrisp

I didn't, I like criticism if their is something constructive coming out of it, if it is just to say "it's ugly" or "I don't like it" or "it doesn't belong here" I don't see the point of it, if that person told me that he didn't like the way the chop looked or that the dash didn't fit the persona of the car, or why it doesn't belong here I'm sure an interesting discussion would follow, it didn't at the time...

27. Seems like a funny thing to comment on, when it's a 4 year old thread and that hasn't been a issue ...... :confused:

28. eurit35

eurit35
    from Europe

Any news on this project? It is the most amazing attempt on customizing Citroen DS ever seen... Hope it will see the light of the day! Good luck and keep us informed.

;)