Register now to get rid of these ads!

Door logo/business's that are clever or...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bondoboy, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Bondo and paint
    Makes a car what it ain't

2. I have my real business name on the doors of my shop truck. They read The Old Fart's Garage....come in and shoot the breeze. This gets alot of grins around here and alot of ppl., get their pics taken beside the doors at shows. We also have this on our t-shirts and we sell out every year....Dave

3. Clik

Clik

Some lettering is DOT required depending on the weight of the truck. If I'm not mistaken, a commercial truck with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more requires DOT numbers and a company name, location and phone number visible from a certain distance. Tow trucks must have a minimum of hook insurance which doesn't cover damage to the towed vehicle in which case you can only tow your own stuff or junk and are required signage that reads "Not For Hire" (This may be a State thing). I believe "Not For Hire" is also required on vehicles over 26,000 GVWR that are not used commercially, such as trucks used to haul your race car to the track. My Dodge dually has an 11,000 Lb GVWR and is my company name; technically it is supposed to have DOT numbers with company name, location and phone number and the driver is supposed to have a DOT medical card if the truck is used commercially. To get around that I would probably have to put "Not for Hire" on the door and not get caught hauling anything commercial.

4. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

We have a plumbing business nrear here that has "Drain Surgeon" on all thier trucks