Register now to get rid of these ads!

So...how long till your next project is finished?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Jan 3, 2011.

1. mj40's

mj40's

I have a good start but it would go much quicker if someone would buy my damn Chevy.

2. at the rate I'm able to put away car money......probably 5-8 years haha. Maybe my car will make it to the 17th annual Lonestar Roundup.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lets see, you were about 5 when I got that one and it still isn't finished.

The truck won't make it anywhere this year without a ride on a trailer

4. slik

slik

I also have never finished one yet. they get sold or traded before I can finish them.
    but there in lies the fun...

5. Gator

Gator

Should have the Shoebox I traded for last fall finished up in the next couple/three weeks...

Got the paint finished, waiting on the front bumper from the plater (should be here tomorrow) also gotta pick up the windshield glass tomorrow where they had to re-cut it.

Other than that just need to finish stitching up the door panels and re-install the seats, should be good to go other than details...

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Project, hell...I don't even have a car....I just hang out here 'cause I have no freinds......

7. Gator

Gator

Then again, I just committed to buy this from EarlSchieb here:

[​IMG]

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Damn! too slow!

9. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Dependable driver is as close to "finished" as mine ever get. This project will be drivable long before it will be legal to drive it, thanks to the wonderful IL title laws.

That said, I could drive it by putting the wiring harness back in it, but I sure wouldn't want to drive it very far. Hopefully, dependable driver will happen sometime this summer, then I get to see how long it will be before it will be a legal dependable driver. Gene

10. devilleish

devilleish

I'm trying like hell to be done by mid-May. That said, the frame stub needs to be put in, the bridge built, cab & bed blasted and finished... and at least the seat upholstered... Plus the 327 is going to the machine shop this week.

11. marcoman

marcoman

Hey Coby are you taking THE VAN to GNRS? I might take the Rivi for the outside portion....
    :D

12. Hopefully this year on the sedan.

They are never finished till they are sold.

13. To quote my sister........

I can not predict the future.......

14. conormulroney

conormulroney

Let's see: right now I don't have a job, so I have lot's of time and not a dime to spend on projects. If I get a job, I'll have money but no time. Both scenarios seem to lead to never finishing anything. I guess I will continue to drive and enjoy them as is.

15. scratchtown

scratchtown

well probably around 10 yrs or more every other weekend when i dont have my boy i work on it so at this rate should take a long time

16. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Maybe oneday.

16 years and counting for the "family" hot rod. Kids all have jobs now so maybe its for hauling around grandkids? (that should give me a couple more years)

17. Another 12 to 15 months should do it.
    But times flys when you get as old as me.

18. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

According to my original plan, about 3 years ago.

19. 454navyss

454navyss

i wont say finished but realistically, hopefully driving by the end of the year