Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stretch 35 Chev pu cab

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carbuilder, Dec 31, 2010.

1. carbuilder

carbuilder

Has any one stretched a 34/35 Chev pu cab & made it look good.

2. carbuilder

carbuilder

Has any one done a stretch on a PU cab for more room that looks good

3. carbuilder

carbuilder

4. carbuilder

carbuilder

Hasent any one stretched one for more room & made it look good.

5. i think the "& made it look good" is the hard part.

6. rottenrods

rottenrods

I saw a guy take the small rear windows out of a 4 door sedan and use those for an ext cab type thing.

7. Michael_e

Michael_e

I would like to know also. I'm 6'1" and it gets a little cramped inside and sure could use some extra leg room. I really like those pickups, but where would you add the extra metal?

8. 37mj

37mj

stretch the doors and add a roof section ,thats my plans on 37-38

9. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I stretched my 32 FORD PU cab 12 inches using a pair of doors.I cut and used the 4 corners of the door window openings.Then used the center section to save the belt line. Yea I know it was a Ford but thought I would pass on the door idea.

10. carbuilder

carbuilder

I have a potential new customer he is 6'3" 255 lbs "big guy" & he has a 35 Chev pu he wants built & plans to drive a lot. Talking to him on the phone he gives me a list of some of the stuff he need's & wants done. For some reason I asked how tall are you & what do you weigh that is when the 6'3" 255 lb came out. So I said you are a big guy & the truck is small his response yes. I can fix that we can stretch the cab & give you more room. His response you can & yes we can. If we are going to replace all the rotten wood with steel plus replace or repair the rusted sheet metal. Then we can just make extended panels & a proportionally larger pu cab for more comfort. If the customer comes thru which should be in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Then the Rikster is going to do one of his world class photo shop rendering's to build from. All I can say for now is more to come.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Through the doors would probably look the best. That is the master plan for my 48 in this rebuild. It isn't that early of cab but with the chop I want more room to stretch out my legs.

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

13. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

[​IMG]its a ford but the idea is the same

14. Mathew21

Mathew21

If you end up doing it post some pictures.

15. two cabs and you can build it any way you like

16. brewsir

brewsir

the hot rod garage in maryland built a iller 40 ford truck that was stretched 3 inches in the doors and 3 inches in the cab behind the doors...then they flipped the bed backwards to make up for the 6 inches....looked great and you can't even tell. I have pics in january 08 american rodder but can't find them online.

17. The Chevrolet is bigger than it's Ford counterpart. As said, please post some pics when you proceed.