Register now to get rid of these ads!

am i grateful enough

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scratchtown, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

right on brother! one day at a time :)

2. belair

belair

Congratulations-you've already changed more lives than just your own. Onward and upward.

3. Guess I'm pretty close to being content with life. Don't know how grateful I am, but I suppose it all just a matter of semantics.

Never the less its a new decade, let the past be the past, done is done. Make the best of the road ahead and you'll do just fine.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  4. scratchtown

scratchtown

[​IMG][​IMG]my family thank you every body[​IMG]

5. scratchtown

scratchtown

sorry pics are so big

6. 36 poncho

36 poncho
    from ny

The replys have me choked up.
    forgive yourself for the past, but always remember. It keeps you humble.
    Hold on with both hands...the ride is wonderful
    corny but true- You are a miracle! god bless
    last use 1/13/95

7. 61bone

61bone

Got out of the VA hospital Dec 31. My Kidneys are failing. I had a minor heart attack while in there. My joints are used up and I need hips and knees and I am all kinds of grateful. I saw many of the men who defended our country short legs, arms, part of their heads and other huge and grevous wounds. Am I greatful for what I have, you betcha and I am greatful to them for their service.
    Happy New Year!

8. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I know gratitude and acceptance are keys for me. Have a super 2011

9. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

What more could a guy ask for? A beautiful girl and a beautiful son. Brother, second to God, you have right in front of you what is most important. Keep digging forward

10. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Welcome to the rest of your life - nice to have you here.

dj

11. scratchtown

scratchtown

god bless all the men and women that serve or have served our country so we can be free

12. Congratulations Scratchtown, and welcome back.

13. Ebert

Ebert

X2... and Scratch, congratulations on your achievements. It takes a huge man to face those kinds of issues and you should be very proud. Happy New Year to you and your family! Eric

14. Scratch, So glad to hear that you have stepped up to be a true father to your son.
    It is awesome that you have found yourself without the drugs and alcohol. May God guide your path and bless you beyond measure. Stay strong in your walk against addiction. Prayers that the rest of your life is better than it is right now.Be all the dad you can be.

15. scratchtown

scratchtown

thanks again every body for your posts and god bless

16. in writing means something even in cyberspace good going

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Keep it up been sober for 20 years ,Addicted to meth ,Coke and Heroin myself .I never look back and Keep going forward ,Also dont even smoke pot anymore ,Quit it all ,The stuff is trash ,Cars got me out of it.

18. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing and keep that "attitude of gratitude". vic (sober 29 years)

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats Scratchtown, as others have said 1 day at a time works pretty good...been working for me for 16 yrs ...its been much more fun with cars than booze and drugs I can tell ya that !

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

What he said. Congrats on 2 yrs and happy new year!:D

21. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Congratulations scratchtown on being sober and becoming the father you need to be. First of all I am very thankful for Jesus dying for my sins. To my wife( my best friend eventhough she gives me a hard time sometimes), and my two wonderful daughters. God has blessed me in so many ways. I have seen first hand individuals that have alot less than I. I dont have much but Im thankful for everything.

22. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

22 years of sober here.
    Not bragging on me, but telling you, I did it, You can too.

23. Scratch, though we haven't met face to face, you are one of my reasons for being thankful. I work in child welfare and have seen too many children suffer because of parental substance abuse and seen too many parents choose their drugs over their children. I commend you for choosing your son over the drugs and thankful that your son has a sober and sane parent. I am thankful whenever I see someone regain sobriety, and I am thankful for the hope that your example gives to others who want to be free from their addiction. And of course, if I should happen to meet that '49 Chevy on the road, I'll be glad that the guy behind the wheel is clean and sober!

24. Doug B

Doug B

Good on ya for getting sober.There's nothing more important than family. Hang in there.

25. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

:DGot divorced, got custody of my two children and quit drinking all at the same time, that was 19 years ago, that for me was one of the best choices i ever made.

Congratulations! i am HAPPY for you, one day at a time.
    Mark

26. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Keep going!! I have no direct experience with what you have done, or are going through, but I know it is tough. You deserve a big congratulations. Enjoy your family, friend and life!! All the best for 2011 and beyond!!

27. congrats...keep the faith...

28. Your the man!

Find a good bible believing middle of the road church in your area and join. If you don't teach that boy that he matters to God the world will teach him that he doesn't.

29. conormulroney

conormulroney

There but for the Grace of God, go I. I'm on my second round of 12 years sober. The two in the middle are someplace I never want to be again. Congratulations and enjoy the New Year one day at a time

Conor

30. dt50chev

dt50chev

Scratchtown, congratulations on your two years sober. Life is much better when you're living it for real instead of escaping it. May the Lord bless you and your family. I am blessed to be able to work from home this past year. Would have missed out on a lot if I was still turning wrenches.