Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you trade....?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StuntmanJames, Dec 30, 2010.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Keep the Lincoln it is a lot cooler looking than the Bird....

2. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

Small spots of rust all the way through? I'd be worried that more serious rust is hiding in that car. Fix the leaks and get some new tires. Way cheaper than curing a car of rust.

3. Deuces

Deuces

That musta been in '62 then... I remember my old boss buying a 4-door '69 bird from an older woman back in the mid 70's.. The car was metallic pink with a white vinyl top. The last time I talked to him, he said he still had it! the motor in that one is a 345 horse 390.. That car brings back memories.. :) I used to fill that car up with the best premium fuel we had in the tanks below.. Yes, I used to be a gas jockey back in them dayz.. :)

4. Skidmore

Skidmore
    from San Marcos

You'll never drive anyone to drinking driving a T-bird.
    Keep the Lincoln!

5. banginona40

banginona40

I like the Bird, but I think the Lincoln has more value. I would hold out on that trade and look for something I was more interested in. Just my HO.

6. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

7. U-235

U-235

Keep the Lincoln....nosed and decked and rear door handles removed....class ride..and just who said they hate 4-doors.....
    When in High School my buddy inherited his folks Olds 98 4-door when they bought a brand new 56 98 Four Door Hardtop....He lowered all around, took off the rear door handles, nosed and decked it, added 56 Starfires, skirts in the back and painted it Midnight Blue...Gorgeous car....I.ve always wanted to duplicate it..If you look thru the pages of the little books you will find many conservative customized 4-doors...(probally not many Lincolns, if any) You have a nice car there, keep it and think about those minor modifications

8. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Keep the Lincoln! You will get all the girls your heart desires, it will become a problem.
    You will need to wear a helmet just protect yourself from the one that dive in. The four
    Doors will come in handy.

9. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

Haha! Well i already have the girl my heart desires! And i would love to do all these mods to the Lincoln... requires money tho... little of which i have... i do plan on shavin them rear handles def tho! Suiciding the rear door if poosible too! Im an artist! anyone want some custom art for a little body work? ;D

[​IMG]

10. If you have a family keep the Lincoln. Personally I prefer the Bird, more custom and cool potential. If you keep the Lincoln and shave off the rear door handles like a lot of guys have suggested, that seems to me you must be embarrassed you are driving a four door and are just trying to hide it.

11. Cshabang

Cshabang

That's def a 65 galaxie, 66-67 fairlanes were close, but NOT identical..As for the trades..I dont do them...Someone always feels "taken"

12. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

I dont think its trying to hide anything... hell id like to shave off all handles just cause it looks cleaner! Im not embarrased to drive a four door... its nicer then most two doors around and i can easily load all my friends up in it (which i have) and go out to a movie or whatnot! Id rather drive my fourdoor then any "toaster" made nowdays! :D

13. I agree, if you are gonna shave handles shave em all. Im not bagging on your ride in the least. Has classic looks and great for a family or if you haul a bunch of buddies around.

If thats the way you roll most of the time I say keep it. Would be a drag getting people in and out of the back of the bird.

Oh and yes I do drive a toaster everyday for work LOL. But the company pays for it and all my gas. So I live with it =)

PS Forgot to add, my last cool car was a four door Lincoln ... 61 Convertible

14. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

the lincoln im thinkin