Register now to get rid of these ads!

42-48 ford hotrods Lets see some pics!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46fatford, Feb 5, 2010.

1. 48ford

48ford

Her is my 46,
    400 chevy, 200R4
    Had it a long time

Attached Files:

2. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Here is my version. 41 ford with 42 front clip[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  3. I've decided to go hot rod with the car, instead of tail dragger and skirts. I just can't warm up to the skirts and all on a business coupe. The roof is just to much like a 40 ford, and I would definitely build 1 of those into a hot rod. I'm getting some early style 15" wheels with small hubcaps, dropping the front about 4" and hopping up the flathead more. I'm going for a McCoy 40 ford sedan stance/look w/out the flames. the engine is getting 2x2's, headers, isky cam and sharp heads. Maybe some L/z gears for the 3spd later too. I'm thinking some cutouts under the front fenders and a nice rake, otherwise stock appearing except for molded rear fenders, molded taillights, nose/deck, shaved top grill bar. The car has already been nosed/decked, molded rear fenders long ago, so why change it. Does anyone else have some pics of 1 like this? Or maybe have an in progress build similar to this? Automotive Stud, any more pics? Especially under the hood. I would really love to see more of your car.
    thanks
    Matt

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Matt glad you like the car. My motor has edmunds heads and two twos, isky cam, three speed and an overdrive rear. I'm out of town for work till the weekend so these are the only other pictures I have right now. When I get home I'll get some interior and engine pics off my camera.
    Nick

Attached Files:

• 47.jpg
      47.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    • 47a.jpg
      47a.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
    • 47c.jpg
      47c.jpg
      File size:
      38.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Love the stance. How much did you lower it and what size tires? I would really like mine to sit like that.
    Matt

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Up front is a 4" dropped axle with a few leafs taken out of the spring. Tires are 195/75/15. Rear just has a few leafs taken out, 235/75/15 on reversed wheels to fill out the fenders.

7. Roadsir

Roadsir

I just sold this. Time to find a new project.....or two!

[​IMG]

8. havi

havi

Not my car, but this is what I'm hoping to make a 46-48 Merc to look like. Whenever I can find one and afford it, lol.

Attached Files:

9. You know I'd eventully find this post...

[​IMG]

10. Man, I never get tired of seeing your sedan. it just has a great stance, wheels/tires everything.
    Matt

11. Been awhile. Lets see if we can get some more pics. Anyone have some they want to share?
    Matt

12. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Here's my 41 from last year when she got the ride home. In the shop now. It's gonna be a hot rod.:D

Attached Files:

13. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Here is one a trailer Queeen

Attached Files:

14. Koz

Koz

Man I love these Fords. They were my Dads favorites. At times he'd own three or four at the same time. His best was a '46 with about 120 punches in the hood, slammed, electric blue, wide whites on red wheels, frenched lights, ribbed bumpers, and a white tuck and roll. The absolute cats nuts! Always flatties, and always mint. Too bad I don't have any pics.

15. Okay-I'll bite-This has been on here before-but what the heck-my '47

Attached Files:

16. art.flame

art.flame

looking good, any specs of your car?
    Art

17. Coles notes version...
    -SBC 350
    -700R4
    -8 Inch rear
    -MII front
    -parallel leafs rear
    -un-chopped body,nosed,decked,shaved,vent windows removed,bumpers smoothed and tucked
    -all stuff that has been done by others before
    My two favorite things-Car is SAFE and RELIABLE:)

18. art.flame

art.flame

those are specs i like , 16 and 17" rollers?
    i'm still running the original suspension ,all the goodies are arrived , i'm gonna fit it next year

19. jaco

jaco

Here is mine. Picked up this one last summer. Looks to be an older hot rod. Anyone know anything about it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Yes-16 and 17's -25.5" tall front and 29 inch tall rear rubber
    2 inch dropped spindles

21. Jaco-Love that louvered hood

22. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Ran across this pic recently and remembered the build thread here on the H.A.M.B.
    A few years back, while visiting in California, and attending the Pamona swap meet, along with a couple of other HAMBERS met up with the owner of this car.
    We all got a ride in it to an eating place(they have good food in CA) and then to Bobby's new digs at the airport.
    This car flys on the freeway. Bobby had to slow for a Lexus to catch up with him.
    Oh1 It runs a flatty!
    Some of you will remember this car.

Attached Files:

milan0491 likes this.
  23. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Can't say I've seen that one here in North Alabama.

24. RAY With

RAY With

Well we have a couple. The wife's Choped 48 and my stock body 46 and both drivers.

Attached Files:

25. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Maybe if I post the Butt end picture nobody'll notice it's a '41..... oops, damn, the tail lights...
    [​IMG]

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Anyone doubting a car of this era can't be a hot rod ought to be forced to sit in front of a picture of this car and repeat 10,000 times, I'm sorry, I was wrong, I'm sorry, I was wrong, I'm sorry, I was wrong.................................................:eek::D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!

Frank

Kelly Burns likes this.
  27. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thanks Frank, that's a quite a compliment and really what I was trying to achieve. In the mid 90's I sold a killer 39 Deluxe coupe because it would not fit our young family, and I thought building this could be a cool family car. The problem was I totally underestimated the time for parenting, and got carried away with the build and project creep set-in, and it took 9 years to complete. By then the kids were too busy with sports and music and school activities, and the car while looking and sounding like a hot rod really wasn't. So long story short I sold it, bought a steel 32 highboy for 60% of what I got for the convert, and can have some mad money and college $$. Man life moves fast.

Here's another shot. The day I loaded it.

[​IMG]

28. Update on my car. I really love the way the flatty sounds and looks so it is staying in the car. I had some problems with the trans, so I sold it along with the shifter and banjo rear and am now installing an s 10 t 5 and 8" ford rear on parallel leaves. I'd like to hop my rebuilt flatty some more, ie heads, cam in addition to my headers, ignition and dual carbs. I'll probably hang on to my j2 for now for a future project. Its stuck now anyway. Build style will still be late fifties, early sixties hot rod. Nosed, decked, molded rear fenders, blue dots, louvers, duals, cut outs, and T&R interior. Just updating some things that are not readily visible for more ease of maintence and increase driveability.

29. art.flame

art.flame

my 48 lots to do this year IFS, rear leaf spings ,5.0 EFI -AOD,16" and 17"
    not realy Hamb friendly but it's my daily
    [​IMG]

30. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Here is one i fixed up, sold it 4 year's ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But i missed it so i bought this one last september and will build it together with one of my son's. Actually he is doing most of the job and i buy stuff on internet ;-)

[​IMG]