Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fun in the snow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ukgav, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ukgav

ukgav

Headed out in the truck this morning intending to go to a local meet up only to discover that it is actually on Tuesday! :eek:
    Decided to give the truck a good blast so spent a couple of hours sliding around some of the country lanes around where I live.
    Took a few pics whilst on my travels...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is outside Umberslade Hall. A 17th century mansion that has been converted into residential apartments. It's a gorgeous building, I will endevour to get a little closer at some point in the future for some better pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All was well until I did the gentlemanly thing and backed up to allow another car pass on one of the lanes. The snow had hidden a ditch to the side and I stuck the off side rear down it! Tried everything for about half an hour to get it out but no joy. (no the guy I let past didn't stop to help)
    Luckily a local farmer approached up the lane in his tractor and was good enough to pull me out, otherwise I think I would have had to of waited for everything to thaw out! :)
    [​IMG]

All in an entertaining morning, would do it again tomorrow (without the getting stuck) but I'm back at work. :(

2. lorodz

lorodz

sweet pick up

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I'm not going to laugh at you for needing a tow with only a dusting of snow. Nice pick up. We are getting over two feet of snow tonight.

4. RatRoy

RatRoy

I see you are from the U.K. but have a California plate on your really cool looking pickup. What's up with that? :confused:

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

thanks for the cool pics. your pickup is absolutely perfect.

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

It's the ex Limeworks shop truck.

Nice Picks Gav..........i've got to dig mine out yet for Tuesday.....:eek:

catch you there.

7. I still love that truck.

8. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Great pics.It's usually just us poor sods in the frozen north getting hammered with the white stuff!:D

9. ukgav

ukgav

Many traditional rods run U.S. style plates on this side of the pond even though technically we should be using U.K. versions. It's all about the right 'look'. ;)

10. ukgav

ukgav

Wont make it mate. Back at work tomorrow. :(

11. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

I'm still trying to figure out the tractor?? What's with the hay roof? Camo from the feds? Is that how he hauls his hay? At least the guy is a dyed in the green pants John Deere lover!

12. You Brits are funny............................Love yer truck.

13. This has got to be the best picture I have seen on the HAMB in a long time.....
    [​IMG]

14. Crestliner

Crestliner

Look closer, its a front end loader. Its a bucket full of hay, or what ever.

15. That looks like a lot of fun, and the pics always look so good with the snow. Kind of like Bonneville salt pics always look so fine.:D

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the pictures but a word of warning(since you already got yours:)). STOP STEALING OUR OLD TIN!!!!!:eek::cool::D

Frank

17. I agree. That is very cool. Very nostalgic. And a badass truck!

18. ukgav

ukgav

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate them.
    Didn't intend on taking any pictures whilst I was out so these were taken on my phone. I love the way old style rods look in the snow, the iconic picture of the Ray Brown roadster is one of my all time favourites!

19. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Very nice ride and pics! Thanks for sharing!

20. uc4me

uc4me

I'd love to take ny truck out for a spin in the snow but they lay down almost as much salt here as there is snow fall :(